Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
higi is a population health enablement company that empowers consumers to measure, track, and act on their health numbers – blood pressure, pulse, weight, BMI, body composition, hydration -- through easily accessed higi self-screening health stations currently found at over 11,000 retail locations.
Healthcare organizations connect to their consumers through higi to activate them in their health and to help them monitor their health data. In turn, healthcare organizations use higi to identify and act on areas of risk, close care gaps, and improve chronic condition management.
By empowering consumer self-management and more effectively connecting consumers to their trusted providers, higi makes it easier for people to be their healthiest while enabling better care at lower cost.
Learn more at https://higi.com
Do you want to be part of a fun and fast-paced startup that defines the next generation of consumer healthcare engagement?
Accepting applications for higsters!!
higi is seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test who will design, build, test, and deploy effective test automation solutions on scrum teams. This position will be responsible for creating manual and automation scripts using different frameworks/tools for multiple projects, and will be based out of Chicago, IL. The Software Development Engineer in Test will participate in all aspects of a full life cycle development methodology and related testing concepts and processes.
- Reviewing business and functional requirements to produce test strategies, test plans, and test scripts for each test cycle
- Manage and maintain automated testing frameworks
- Identifying dependencies and risks, and defining the test strategy for integrated systems
- Performing all aspects of verification (functional, structural, regression, and system testing)
- Testing in a multi-tiered based architecture
- Troubleshooting software/hardware configuration problems
- R&D on new tools and technologies to find innovative solutions for automation
- Coordination with geographically distributed team
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or mathematics
- Experience in identifying the relationship of bugs to software code/backlog
- Experience in developing test plans and protocols
- Experience identifying operational issues, and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems
- At least 5 years of experience in open source test automation frameworks including Selenium, Cucumber, TestNG and Java, or equivalent scripting language and tools
- Experience with REST API testing, REST API automation will be a plus
- Experience with mobile and IOT testing will be a plus
- Experience with middle layer/service layer testing and simulation for verifying different end points will be a plus
- Basic experience with Maven/Jenkins/Bamboo for CI/CD
- Capacity to multi-task several testing activities concurrently
- Previous experience working in Agile methodology is preferred
- Benefits package (medical, dental, vision, disability/life insurance)
- Company Paid Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability Coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Sick Time
- Paid Gym Membership
- Office Happy Hours, Pool Table, Ping Pong, Foosball, Shuffle Board