Software Development Engineer in TEST at FTD
QA Engineer (SDET) - Downers Grove, Illinois
FTD Companies, we continually evolve the business by promoting a culture where solutions from the technology group help transform our business through customer-meaningful solutions, innovative technologies, and business-impacting projects.
This highly crucial QA Engineer position will take a leading role in building applications within our multi-brand $1B+ E-Commerce company. We're actively searching for top-level engineers to join newly created teams at FTD Companies who will be tasked with building an entirely new state-of-the-art platform and from scratch.
What You Will Contribute:
- Develop test plans, define and create test scenarios, execute test scripts, assess test results, and report defects as directed.
- Help move test cases from manual execution to automation
- Effectively work with development to gather requirements when no BA is available.
- Work with software development teams as needed to develop and better integrate automated testing tools and test harnesses as required.
- Work with software engineers as needed to identify and resolve defects.
- Other responsibilities assigned based upon business need.
What we offer:
A great QA Engineer opportunity to be a part of a team that builds and evolves high performance, scalable order processing systems handling large transactional volumes. We encourage and welcome out of the box ideas in all areas like artificial intelligence, data processing, and information retrieval, voice capabilities, automation, computer vision, and other ideas welcome. We much enjoy all the benefits of working for a digital E-Commerce Company (flexible hours, a healthy vacation plan, summer hours) in a relaxed work environment.
We firmly embrace the definition of a "flat" organization where you will spend time with business leaders, managers, developers, product management and executive leadership. There are job opportunities, and then there are career opportunities... Let us provide you with a career where you look forward to Mondays. Careers that have a positive impact and offer you a future as we change, grow, expand and explore new and exciting experiences for our global customer base.
What we seek:
- You have a BS Computer Science or related; 5+ years of software validation experience, including all aspects of the Software Development Process
- You have 2+ years of experience creating, maintaining and executing automated test scripts using professional quality custom developed or industry standard tools.
- Your understanding and experience validating web- and non-web based multi-tiered Microsoft or applications.
- You're experienced with MySQL, Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server and related database and query analysis tools.
- You have a fundamental understanding of Microsoft and Linux based Operating Systems.
- You know of QA processes, methodologies, and industry standard methodologies.
- You possess the ability to see the business application beyond the software requirements and proven skills in validating high-quality applications in reduced cycle-time environments
- You have Proven experience in continuously improving product quality
- You're meticulous in completing tasks on schedule, with high quality, and with attention to detail
- You are experienced in Agile or Extreme Programming environments and very strong teammate yet self-motivated and able to make progress without needing many directions
- Are you able to complete your work effectively with little or no supervision?
- Do you possess the ability to work in a very dynamic, multi-tasking environment?
- You are experienced with test automation tools such as Mercury HP Quick Test Professional, HP Load Runner, and
- You have used software engineering tools (such as N-Unit, Quality Center, etc.)
- You are an expert at validating 3rd party software integration such as Microsoft Word and Excel, QuickBooks
- You have experience with change and configuration management
- Do you thrive with having direct customer contact?