Software Development Manager at Peapod Digital Labs
What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Browse the Aisles
Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is looking for a bright, energetic Development Manager to join our team. The Team consists of front end, backend and mobile developers. PDL serves the ecommerce needs of leading and growing grocery retailers with millions of shoppers located throughout the East Coast and Midwest. PDL strives to enable our retailers to be number one in all markets they operate in by:
- Leading IT staff, vendors and third-party providers to make our retailers more competitive by using enabling IT technology
- Delivering innovative and simple to use business processes and systems
- Achieving excellence in the end user (shopper) experience
As a PDL Development Manager, you will be part of a team of IT professionals that provide new design, functionality and support for the web sites and mobile applications we provide to our customers.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced manager with expertise managing software development projects. The candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, is a self-starter, and a creative problem solver. The candidate will be familiar with Agile development processes, have strong process improvement aptitude, and is willing to roll up their sleeves to dig in on any project or problem. The candidate will have relentlessly high standards for themselves and everyone they work with, and will be constantly looking for ways to improve build performance, quality and cost.
What you will do as a Development Manager for PDL; you will manage a team of software developers who are working on multiple projects to deliver IT solutions. You will provide technical, process and business leadership to your team(s). You will work is a matrix environment using your management skills to get things done while supporting others in the organization who ask the same from you! You will be responsible for hiring and developing the best development team and creating a team culture that is constantly raising the bar.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 8+ years of leadership roles on SW development programs
- 5+ years management experience
- 5+ years of hands-on development background in backend or front end technologies: Java Spring Boot, Native Cloud Computing – Azure or AWS, Kafka, Istio, GraphQL, Kubernetes, Relational Databases and NoSQL
- Strong background in project/program management
- Experienced in delivering products against a plan in a fast-paced, multi-disciplined, distributed-responsibility and often ambiguous environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills
- Confident leader who can prioritize and analyze tradeoffs, communicate clearly and compellingly and effectively influence internally and externally, across organization boundaries.
- Able to independently influence and resolve conflicts with others
- Inquisitive with technical and business skills to understand, test, and challenge while working harmoniously with the business and technology owners
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities
- Experienced in gathering requirements and developing system specifications
- Ability to apply critical thinking in complex situations; experience working in cross functional groups including SW engineering, Marketing, e-commerce and infrastructure
- A strong track record of executing in dynamic and fast-paced environments. Highly experienced with data-driven decision making
- Cross-organizational communication – comfortable evangelizing ideas and concerns clearly and persuasively, in both verbal and written forms
- Comfortable working on multiple programs at once
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment
- Experience working within the eCommerce grocery delivery industry
- Effectively communicate to various levels of management
- Ability to work within a team centered environment
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Requisition: 7245_external_IL-Chicago