Software Engineer (Contract)
Software Engineer (Contract) - Chicago or Downers Grove, Illinois
FTD Companies, we continually evolve the business by promoting a culture where solutions from the technology group help transform our business through customer-meaningful solutions, innovative technologies, and business-impacting projects.
This highly crucial Software Engineer position will take a leading role in building applications within our multi-brand $1B+ E-Commerce company. We're actively searching for top-level engineers to join newly created teams at FTD Companies who will be tasked with building an entirely new state-of-the-art platform and architecture from scratch.
What You Will Contribute:
- You will be a master in /J2EE related technologies within GCP Cloud
- Participate with a multi-functional team (technical & non-technical members) on highly visible strategic projects and work independently as needed.
- You champion innovative solutions and interact with top-caliber software engineers, web developers, and QA automation resources contributing to our growing ecosystem of cutting edge SOA based applications.
- You'll work within an agile group and be empowered to add your personalized stamp on the team and the solutions we deliver.
- You interact closely with business to understand business processes and proposing technical as well as non-technical solutions for business problems.
- You work with team members across software teams to promote software best-practices, technical guidance when requested and overall positive change.
- You actively work with managers in continuously improving the SDLC process and the efficiency and effectiveness of the engineering team.
What we offer:
A excellent Software Engineer opportunity to be a part of a team that builds and evolves high performance, scalable order processing systems handling large transactional volumes. We encourage and welcome out of the box ideas in all areas like artificial intelligence, data processing, and information retrieval, voice capabilities, automation, computer vision, and other ideas welcome. We much enjoy all the benefits of working for a digital E-Commerce Company (flexible hours, a healthy vacation plan, summer hours) in a relaxed work environment.
We strongly embrace the definition of a "flat" organization where you will spend time with business leaders, managers, developers, product management and executive leadership. There are job opportunities, and then there are career opportunities... Let us provide you with a career where you look forward to Mondays. Careers that have a positive impact and offer you a future as we change, grow, expand and explore new and exciting experiences for our global customer base.
What we seek:
Is a phenomenal Software Engineer with the ability and interest in working on a broad range of different projects and technologies who loves to write code, is excited about building things and is passionate about robust software design? These are what we are looking for;
- Minimum of 1 proven year in software development experience working on complex projects, and equivalent computer science training at an accredited Bachelor's Degree program with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- You're secure with your coding skills in C#, .NET, or; Web Services, WCF, SQL, and Windows Services. We are open to those that show strengths in various technologies, but you should have a willingness and interest to learn and work primarily in on the platform.
- You're experienced working in an agile environment with excellent written communication skills and verbal agility.
- You take pride in being accountable, taking ownership of outstanding issues and establishing a high level of credibility with others in the organization and in producing high-quality software utilizing automated unit and integration testing.
- You have sharp analytical abilities, problem-solving techniques, and object-oriented software design skills and are enthusiastic, motivated and able to work in teams.
We seek someone with the above requirements, but additional experience is implementing or utilizing Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) practices is phenomenal. Having familiarity with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) principles and have used them in practice. You possess a basic understanding of tiered distributed systems with E-commerce experience.
Additionally, if you have the following experience, it is a huge plus;
- Experience developing for high-volume web applications.
- Microservices architecture and practices
- Service development and methodologies
- Experience in Cloud-based technologies such as AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure.
- Experience with various E-Commerce systems such as PIM, OMS, and FMS
Join our team and help contribute to our exciting transformation. While you are part of the office of technology, you will have a broader impact on the overall growth of the business. Consider joining one of the few companies outside of Silicon Valley able to offer development of a high-traffic E-Commerce platform receiving upwards of 40K customer purchases an hour.