Software Engineer, Front- end
Cappex’s mission is to help millions of high school students each year realize their dreams of discovering and getting into the right college for them. We get excited about converting a confusing, high-stress time in a student’s life and turning it into a simple, organized, pursuit for the perfect fit. Cappex is growing and needs innovators like you to support our mission. Join our team today and help connect students to their dreams.
Software Engineer, Front-end
- Research, design, and develop innovative features for Cappex.com
- Collaborate with our Product and Design Team throughout design sprints and implementation
- Build efficient and reusable front-end systems
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Evaluate and introduce front-end technologies
- Identify and communicate front-end best practices
- 3-5 years of web development experience
- Familiarity with automation tools such as Webpack, npm, Grunt, etc.
- Familiarity with UI test frameworks such as Jasmine, JEST, Mocha, etc.
- Knowledge of usability, UX design, and modern web standards
- Proficient in building responsive cross browser UI’s
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with little oversight
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Strong commitment to quality
Nice to haves:
- Experience with back-end coding concepts
- Familiarity with Java and related frameworks such as Spring, Lombok, MyBatis, etc.
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, or equivalent
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes
All applications will be kept confidential. We appreciate all interest, but will only contact those applicants with whom we wish to proceed further.