Software Engineer (Full Stack)
Full Stack Engineers at VillageMD develop software to enable our team to write analytics and craft workflows that improve clinical outcomes. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to premier health systems. We aggregate, process, and deliver rich datasets to improve the effectiveness of primary care for our doctors and patients.
We’ve built our technology by standing on the shoulders of tech giants allowing us to create a flexible, scalable architecture that’s nimble enough to handle real-time messaging and data file transfers. We use validated, open-source technologies developed at Airbnb, Amazon, and Facebook. We participate in the open-source ecosystem and OHDSI.
What are examples of work that Full-Stack Engineers have done at VillageMD?
- Built and implemented a windows agent that synchronizes data over a distributed network
- Built an event sourcing engine using Kafka that triggers automated workflows and user alerts
- Built an event processing pipeline that creates micro batches to load into our data platform
What will make you successful here?
- A real passion for problem solving and learning new technology
- Vision to balance speed and maintainability in solution design
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- The ability to handle multiple, concurrent projects
- Excellent ability to create and implement requirements, keep projects on track, and engage partners
- Challenging the status quo to improve our processes and tools
- Communicate complex technical details in meaningful business context
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust by doing what you say you will do
What you might do in your first year:
- Build an automated integration that responds to inbound emails and fires algorithms that send notifications to clinical staff
- Write a react app that visualizes the chronology of a patient’s clinical history
- Work with physicians to design the next generation of EMR interfaces
- Write a Python package to interact with our data platform
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 5+ years of full-time experience
- Experience with Java or Python is preferred (C# and Ruby can work too)
- Solid background in utilizing and integrating 3rd party integrations and application libraries with strict security requirements
- Knowledge in Rails, Django, Sinatra, Flask or Dropwizard
- Prior involvement in a project built in Angular, KnockoutJS, ReactJS or Vue
- AWS, Azure or GCP experience
- Configuration management framework experience (Chef, Ansible, Puppet)
- NodeJS and Webpack skills would be a plus
- Exposure to containers and container orchestrations would be desired
- Experience with clinical and financial healthcare data highly preferred
- Track record of successfully executing projects with multiple partners
- BS/MS in computer science, math, engineering, or other related fields
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at VillageMD. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.