Software Engineer I at Vivid Seats
This position is open to fully-remote candidates who can work from anywhere in the United States and Canada. Candidates also have the option to work from one of our office locations in Chicago or Toronto.
We strongly encourage all interested applicants to apply to our open roles regardless of how many qualifications they meet. Most of our posted positions have a degree of flexibility in the stated requirements.
As a Software Engineer II you'll make highly visible enhancements to our platform by maintaining and building new features across our Core Java applications. Our teams work with a variety of applications that enable our ability to sell tickets, manage inventory, support our internal users, and provide a great customer experience from the website to the box office.
As a subject matter expert on your team, you will help set the direction of the design and development of our evolving paid search bidding system. You'll develop innovative solutions that give Vivid Seats a competitive advantage, mentor engineers, encourage team members, and champion technology improvements for your delivery team.
Our Engineering department is made up of cross functional Agile development teams that deploy to AWS production environments on demand, multiple times a day. You'll tackle some of the most difficult challenges scaling an ecommerce marketplace by developing creative algorithms and features that maximize value and efficiency across the organization.
You'll partner with a team of Marketing experts, Product Owners, Quality Engineers, and Developers to deliver exceptional software, showcasing your work at the end each 2-week sprint cycle. Our teams will lean on your expertise for best practices in design patterns, code quality, testing, and innovation to keep our commitment of always putting our customers first.
To be successful, you'll need:
- A proven career developing Web based, Distributed and Multi-Tier architecture using Java/J2EE or other major platforms (.Net, Python, Scala, Clojure, etc.)
- Experience designing, building, and testing web services and APIs.
- Strong knowledge of Spring, REST, Service Oriented Architecture, OAuth, Basic Authentication and PCI.
- Ability to translate complex technical concepts into high-level designs and act as a subject matter expert in software design, architecture, implementation, deployment and support across our full platform.
- Proficient in SQL and relational database modeling
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, translating complex technical requirements into easy to follow direction and documentation
- Creativity, fearlessness and an unwavering commitment to putting the customer first
What We Offer:
Vivid Seats is the largest independent online ticket marketplace, sending tens of millions of fans to live events. Experiences Matter - which is why we continue to grow year over year. Working at Vivid Seats puts you front and center at the opportunity to scale our best in class platform that allows our fans to sit closer and experience more.
At Vivid Seats, you will have the opportunity to work with the flexibility and speed of a startup; while operating at massive, profitable scale. We keep our teams lean, allowing each employee direct accountability of creating a positive ticket buying experience. We are relentless and move quickly to release new features and content to our applications. Good ideas are heard and implemented, and hard work rewarded. Being a part of our team means having the ability to drive impact and own the innovation that connects our tens of millions of unique monthly users to the memorable experiences that only live events create.
We are passionate about creating memorable experiences for our fans and the best in class experience for our employees. Vivid Seats offers competitive compensation levels, individual and team-based bonus opportunities, 401K matching, a generous benefits package and Flex PTO policy plus a variety of workplace perks.