Software Engineer I at Peapod Digital Labs
Browse the Aisles- A quick overview of the Software Engineer I at Peapod Digital Labs
Software Engineers will work with scrum teams to deliver best-in-class software solutions on time and in scope for our continued eCommerce efforts. Working with industry veterans and technical leaders, you’ll help refine existing applications for deployment in Azure, build new products for customers to gain a better grocery experience, and be part of teams solving complex supply chain, retail, and eCommerce problems.
As a Software Engineer I, you’ll work with senior developers to interpret business requirements and create sprint plans to accomplish coding goals. Working primarily in Java, you’ll gain an understanding of our in-house systems and their myriad of functions for consumers, retail brands, analytics, and more. You’ll build domain experience as you develop solutions to business problems and eventually becoming a subject-matter expert and resource for individuals across the business to learn how your product contributes to the overall success of Peapod Digital Labs.
Peapod Digital Labs offers a competitive starting salary, with excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K with match, paid time off and flexible spending accounts...and a discount on your groceries! You must be authorized to work in the United States to be eligible for consideration for employment. Peapod is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
What’s our Dish - About Us
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that will serve as the engine that powers U.S. ecommerce and digital strategies. Peapod Digital Labs will accelerate growth in digital and personalization capabilities for the great local brands of Ahold Delhaize USA and will serve as the innovation lab for the U.S. portfolio of companies, driving digital and eCommerce innovation, technology and experience to meet the changing needs of customers of Ahold Delhaize USA’s local brands, regardless of when, where and how consumers choose to shop. Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Participate in sprint planning and design alongside Scrum Team (including level of effort estimates)
- Work with product managers and SMEs to understand the retail industry and customer needs
- Code, develop unit tests, and ensure implementation of software into production goes smoothly alongside business stakeholders, QA, and other developers
- Research and engage in emerging technologies
- Do what it takes to deliver quality code to advance business goals- using your best judgement to find success
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 1-3 years of experience developing code in a Java Production environment
- Understanding of development best practices, including algorithm development
- Experience building or consuming RESTful APIs
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly and implement learning fast
- Passion for coding- you have projects on your own and would be coding regardless of where you work
- Effectively communicate your ideas and listen to others
- Problem solving – not only technically, but also with competing visions from teammates and stakeholders
Join Us at Our Table - PDL Life
Peapod Digital Labs is forward thinking company with a strong heritage and recognizes who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees that includes great choice of health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, generous and flexible paid time off, and great employee discount on your groceries. Oh yeah, and snacks & drinks of course!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.