Software Engineer II
About The Opportunity
Grubhub is the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company, dedicated to connecting hungry diners with their favorite local restaurants. The people who work at Grubhub are our company's greatest asset; each person at Grubhub plays an integral part in building tools and technology, that help restaurants succeed in cooking up fresh new ways to delight our diners.
The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from more than 75,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,100 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, EAT 24 and MenuPages.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
Grubhub is seeking an engineer to join a growing team, focused on expanding the ordering products offered on our platform. This role is perfect for an individual with a strong sense of ownership, who is looking to take their engineering and mentorship skills to the next level. You will collaborate with your peers, and drive innovation in our massively distributed order-taking environment. With the help of your team, you’ll develop products that will be used by thousands of diners dail
You Should Have
- 3+ years experience building highly-scalable interactive web applications
- Experience working with consumer facing applications or products and developing in Java
- Experience with React/Redux would be seen as a plus
- Strong knowledge of HTML5 & CSS3
- Experience writing code in Java, C#, or a similar modern object-oriented language
- Knowledge of, or experience with RESTful API design
- Experience working with database technologies
- Experience working in a test-driven development environment
- Experience working with open source technologies is required (contribution to open source systems is a plus)
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections