Software Engineer II - Restaurant
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 20+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 125,000 restaurants in 2,400 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
An engineer in this role will wear many hats and take ownership of full- life cycle development, including design and architecture. This role has a direct impact on how our Restaurants utilize GrubHub. Bonus points for machine learning (TensorFlow) experience.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Design, implement and deliver awesome technical platforms and products for all constituencies (diners, corporate accounts, restaurants, internal tools).
- Communicate with leadership, product owners, other technologists, and users to create working software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities.
- Break down complex problems into elegant technical solutions to intelligently solve problems for GrubHub.com diners, restaurant, corporate accounts and internal stakeholders.
- Build and deploy features with limited or no reliance on QA.
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies. We are always improving the process of building software; we need you to help contribute.
You Should Have
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Fully self sufficient in either Java 8, Ruby or C#
- Experience with Spring or equivalent WebMVC framework
- Experience with Complex Algorithms would be seen as a plus
- Experience with TensorFlow would be seen as a plus
- Extensive experience building REST APIs
- An understanding of Cassandra and eventual consistency
- Experience Building High Availability & Fault Tolerant applications
- Understanding of unit testing and version control
- Desire to work in a fast paced, tech and product oriented company
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.