Software Engineer II at Peapod Digital Labs
What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Browse the Aisles
You'll work with other highly skilled developers on our consumer products using modern web technologies in an Agile environment. You'll be a part of a team that is focused on continuous improvement, software craftsmanship, scalability and availability. You'll also share your passion for development and seek out the best solutions to the problems we are solving.
Recipe for Success - What's "in store" for the role
- Implementation of APIs and services for our commerce platform
- Work with Product team members to access the feasibility and effort required for potential features
- Participate in team design / implementation discussions to provide high-availability / scalable solutions
- Implementation of software packaging / deployments via our DevOps solution stack
- Participate in code reviews with adherence to best practices and coding standards
- Collaborate on development efforts with other scrum team members on a daily basis
- Implement unit tests to support continuous integration test efforts
- Diagnosis and troubleshooting of performance issues
- Research and resolution of tier 3 support tickets
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- 7+ years of engineering experience
- 5+ years of Java servlet / service based experience
- 3+ years experience with publish / subscribe, enterprise service bus or similar SOA type framework and architectures
- Strong SQL and NoSQL (preferred) experience
- Proficient in Linux
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Working knowledge and practice working in Agile development environment with strong engineering principles (XP, Scrum, etc.)
- Ability to adapt with a rapidly changing environment
- Team player, self-starter with excellent problem solving skills
- Strong desire to learn new languages and technologies
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.