Challenging convention. Trying new things. Reshaping an industry.
The team at Duck Creek helps insurance companies bring amazing ideas to life quickly and easily with software that thinks and works like they do. We're fueled by sharing ideas openly, challenging conventions, trying new things, and valuing "Why not?" over "Why?" Our certainty that there is always a better way to do things keeps carriers ahead of their competition and is helping to reshape an industry.
If having a hand in transforming one of the world’s oldest and largest industries into a standard for innovation, open exchange, and peerless user experience sounds exciting, let us know. We may be looking for you.
Software Engineer II
The Software Engineer II is responsible to design, code, and/or configure solutions for moderate complexity Agile stories, and to create conceptual design/architecture for small scale software solutions.
- Designs, codes, and/or configures solutions for moderate complexity Agile stories, with little guidance from senior software engineers.
- Debugs and resolves moderate complexity software bugs or issues, working independently, and finds the real root cause and provide a fix without collateral damage.
- Writes automated unit and integration-level tests under own direction.
- Creates a conceptual design/architecture for small scale software solutions with guidance from an architect or more senior software engineer.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to more junior software engineers.
- Follows development standards and effectively demonstrates technical solutions to other software engineers in code reviews.
- Assists in making source code management decisions for one or more teams.
- Performs complex source code management tasks independently.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, or higher education level, or its foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Computer Information Sciences, and/or related field.
- Total Work Experience: 10+ years (software development), 6 years minimum
- Leadership Experience: 2 years minimum, 4 years preferred
- Product Experience: 4 years minimum, 6 years preferred
- Domain Experience: 4 years minimum, 6 years preferred
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Expert in Object-oriented design, Java or .NET development, Relational OLTP queries and Relational database design
- Expert in Duck Creek Policy or Billing or Claims or Engagement (AP) or Data Insights
- Understands how the Duck Creek Suite operates with an understanding of all the applications.
- Excels in the ability to manage deadlines, communicate in a team, and operate independently with guidance
- Expert in how to estimate, analyze, and the Software Product Development Lifecycle with Agile methodology
- Excels in Insurance domain knowledge
- Travel: 0-10%
- Work Authorization: Legally authorized to work in the country of the job location.
- Physical: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met