Software Engineer III
ServiceLive is a true online services marketplace – ServiceLive works with retailers, manufacturers, insurers, property managers, recall managers, field service organizations, and individual homeowners to install, repair and assemble thousands of products in homes all across the country every day. We're the source for local, certified home repair and improvement pros who are individually selected and verified to be on time, on budget, and to do it right.
Our ServiceLive team is seeking an experienced Full Stack Software Engineer with a strong engineering background, experience and passion for managing our enterprise web applications using web services to support our various web and mobile applications at large scale. If you're a highly skilled, experienced software engineer and obsessed with contributing to the development of high-performance global teams through rigorous goal-setting, disciplined attention to performance and continuous process improvement, then we want you to come join us.
- You will be a key engineer in creating solutions for a premier platform that will be used by millions of customers.
- You will develop, architect and support end to end solutions and back-end services that integrate with many different systems calling these services from within and outside of our immediate ecosystem including 3rd party vendors as well as other systems.
- You have a breadth of knowledge and experience in developing and supporting back-end services with a strong focus on Agile delivery, test driven development, continuous integration and performance / load test output and analysis and remediation.
- You develop with focus of support in mind with logging and graphing of service and server performance as part of delivery of code.
- You should have a deep technical understanding of back-end service technologies, tools and architectures and know how to troubleshoot functional, technical, performance and architecture issues with a passion for results.
- You should have the willingness to learn new technologies on the go.
- You will be working in a highly collaborative environment that values speed and quality, with a strong desire to drive change as we continue on our Agile transformational journey.
- Designing and developing highly scalable and highly available enterprise solutions
- Incorporating leading edge technology into our software products
- Working effectively with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Lean Startup, XP) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Designers, Business Analysts) and collaborating with global development teams
- Experience on JBoss Wildfly configuration and have worked on migration projects.
- Experience integrating with cloud-hosted (AWS), responsive, mobile and web applications using CSS3, HTML5, Angular JS or Node JS frameworks.
- Developing in a strong test driven development approach with continuous integration (Jenkins, CodeShip, etc.) with a passion for perfection
- Building support and monitoring graphs (AWS Cloudwatch, Graphite, New Relic, etc.)
- Need strong DB skills to design efficient and high performing SQL's especially using MySQL DB.
- Reviews and influences overall architecture design and tools
- Reviews and influences multi-API integrations to achieve extremely fast page load times on desktop and mobile web devices for an optimal user experience
- Strong contributor to the output of a small technical team
- Leads code reviews to ensure functional performance specifications are met and engineering standards are followed
- Mentors other software engineers
- Creates self-documenting designs and/or clearly communicates intent via comments in code, on specifications, in as-built documentation and during code reviews