Software Engineer III at Peapod Digital Labs
What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Browse the Aisles-
Our team is leveraging the latest emerging technologies to craft the next generation software core of Peapod Digital Labs' eCommerce and order fulfillment infrastructure. As an Android Software Engineer, you will work to build out our suite of highly intuitive and performant Android mobile applications, used to streamline the process of turning orders into high quality products in the hands of our customers.
Recipe for Success - What's "in store" for the role
- Android Software Engineers are members of a cross-functional scrum team, delivering incremental business value over the course of each sprint, and participating in regular scrum ceremonies
- Create mobile apps used by employees to fulfill customer orders
- Collaborate with members of the design team to produce intuitive, user-friendly user interfaces that leverage Android Material Design and conform to Android Design Guidelines
- Participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle, including analysis, design, estimation, implementation, testing, deployment, and maintenance
- Take pride in generating top-quality, highly maintainable software through participating in code reviews, developing unit tests, writing documentation, debugging issues, and investigating root cause
- Research the latest software trends and emerging technologies and recommend opportunities for innovation
The Essentials in Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or a related field
- 2-5 years of experience developing native Android mobile applications using Java and/or Kotlin
- A solid foundation in object-oriented software development fundamentals including design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience using RESTful APIs to communicate with backend services
- Software debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Helpful Addition in Your Cart - The optional but not less important ingredients
- Experience with other mobile development platforms
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines and tools
- Familiarity with Atlassian JIRA, Confluence, and BitBucket
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.