We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
The Software Engineer at Relativity develops software and leads a team to apply software engineering best practices to deliver high quality, maintainable, reusable, reliable, performant, and scalable software.
You will serve as a technical liaison between your team and other internal and external development teams to identify and resolve dependencies, to identify, improve, and apply software engineering best practices and processes, and to identify and mitigate risks to the on-time delivery of software.
The SQL PaaS Team:
Our SQL PaaS team is building a SQL Platform as a Service (PaaS) unique to Relativity based on SQL Server and Azure cloud technologies. We are building a proprietary high-availability replication and database movement technology. The SQL PaaS is responsible for orchestration, provisioning, scale, configuration, and monitoring of data hosted in the platform. The technology is deployed globally in multiple Azure regions and hosts hundreds of terabytes of data and hundreds of thousands of SQL Databases.
Here you will have the opportunity to solve significant complex scalability, availability and performance challenges while learning new cloud development best practices using technologies like Azure, .NET core, Serverless Compute, Chef, PowerShell, and Jenkins. If being part of a team building out a PaaS sounds interesting to you, we would love to hear from you!
- Make high-impact contributions and provide technical guidance to a software development team to ship high quality software that operates on data at massive scale.
- Help the design of software using abstraction, low coupling, high cohesion, modularization, encapsulation, information hiding, interfaces, and separation of concerns.
- Specify, analyze, and estimate non-functional software requirements
- Add to the implementation of software using the practical application of algorithms, defensive programming, exception handling, fault tolerance, design patterns, and best practices of Object-Oriented Design and Programming such as SOLID
- Enable best practices of Test-Driven Design and the use of autonomous frameworks and Continuous Integration and Continues Deployment.
- Experience as an engineer on an agile software team (internship or professional experience)
- Experience developing systems and applications, or related experience 1 year of internships
- Experience in .NET software development using C# and Microsoft SQL Server, or other OOP languages
- Experience as an engineer using C#/.NET or other Object Oriented Programming languages (Internships or Professional experience)
At Relativity, we live our core values and we thrive on solving complex problems. We’re dedicated to continually improving our product and providing relentless customer service, and we’re always looking for people to join us on the journey.
Relativity is a team of smart, passionate people always looking to grow, contribute, and make our product and customer service the best it can be. Our team members come from diverse backgrounds with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they’re empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
So, please come as you are. We can’t wait to meet you.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.