SOFTWARE ENGINEER IN TEST (NEW GRAD)
Fast track your career with Conversant’s New Grad Program. You’ll get to explore and discover what you want to do-and where you can have the greatest impact. As a New Grad you’ll have the opportunity to immerse yourself in a culture where great minds, cutting-edge technology and smart business intersect to make a difference — each and every day. In addition, Associates will take part in leader talks, a formal mentorship program and numerous professional development courses.
About This Role
As a Software Engineer in Test, you will be part of a team that is responsible for testing and release management for Conversant Technology, which provides technology and services that help advertisers, agencies, and publishers manage their interactive and traditional advertising activities. You’ll work closely with Product Management to confirm requirements and provide status updates on testing, and with Engineering to carry out troubleshooting and pre-release testing, as well as managing the release process, including post-release and regression testing. In addition, you will have the opportunity to become familiar with testing automation using tools such as Selenium, Python, Docker, Browserstack, and Atlassian as part of your day-to-day responsibilities.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- The main responsibilities are black-box testing of the user interface, reporting, and browser-server interaction of the Conversant Tag Manager and Ad Server technology platforms.
- Support of Conversant Technology Product Management staff in testing and debugging of new features during both development and release cycle.
- Write, revise, and verify quality standards and test procedures for program design and product evaluation to attain quality of software economically and efficiently.
- Write documentation to describe program evaluation, testing, and correction.
- Evaluates proposed software or software enhancement for feasibility. May develop utility program to test, track, and verify defects in software program.
- Identifying symptoms and causes during the process of investigating possible bugs and defects.
- Participation in release process through confirmation of QA status, post-release testing, daily product stand-up meetings, etc.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical discipline.
- Experience in Technical Support, consulting, software development.
- Working knowledge of HTML, Python, Selenium, and other web technologies.
- Quality Assurance experience.
- Database and SQL skills desired.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills to document user or systems issues as well as suggested causes for internal audiences.
- Strong analytical mind and interest in interpreting data.