We are OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a growing, socially responsible, and profitable FinTech company that is one of the highest-rated and best-in-class online finance platforms and service providers in the industry. OppLoans offers consumers a simple and responsible source of funding when faced with financial emergencies. We continue to experience growth year over year with profitable returns each year. Employees have an opportunity to make an immediate effect in a growth stage company.
The OppLoans technology organization is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. We are an Agile organization exploring open creativity while always reflecting on our work and aiming to improve. As individuals, we are unafraid to speak up, and as a team, we reward the best ideas and support each other's successes. We are looking for engineers who are excited by the opportunity to build something special that breaks the status quo of FinTech.
What you get to do:
As a Software Engineer in Test, you will be a part of the Quality Engineering (QE) team, testing applications and services for our rapidly expanding product portfolio. Specifically, the Software Engineer in Test will build from scratch automated tests to support our build pipelines and automated deployments.
- Construct test plans for our products and backend services/APIs, based upon requirements.
- Collaborate with Business Operations and the Development teams to ensure the test plans are accurate and well designed within an Agile framework. In addition, partner with these teams to contribute to architecture and various development environment documentation as needed.
- Using a data-driven approach, you will create automated tests using Ruby/Cucumber for backend services/APIs and the User Interface.
- Continue to learn new tools and languages as the organization grows.
What you will bring to the team:
As a Software Engineer in Test, we are seeking those who can effectively collaborate with various teams and work independently. A successful member of our QE team will learn and understand the overall business objectives. The QE team is contributing to the overall health of the services/products we provide for our customers.
- A sense of understanding of the overall business objectives and service we provide to our customers.
- Ability to collaborate with other members of the team, various departments, as well as work independently.
- Experience executing deliverables within an Agile environment.
- Strong experience with at least one test automation framework such as Cucumber, RSpec, JUnit, TestNG, or Robot Framework.
- A Bachelor's degree in science, technology, engineering, or a similar field is required.
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and great benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the most engaged offices in the country. In 2019, we were named the 4th fastest growing company in Chicago by Crain’s Chicago Business, received the 86th spot on the Deloitte Fast 500, and are named one of the best companies to work for in the nation by Glassdoor two years in a row. Check out our Glassdoor reviews to see why our employees love us!
Customers love our product
OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our customers are saying on Google and the BBB! We were also named a number one personal lender by Lending Tree, and a “Leader in Quality and Innovation” by the Center for Financial Services Innovation (FinX).
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to support you inside and outside of work as you grow your career with us. Some of these benefits include a 401(k) matching program, paid vacation policy, free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans, dental, vision, and accident coverage, free gym membership, discounted Divvy memberships & ClassPass fitness classes, CTA and Metra benefit programs, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, a stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millenium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.