Software Engineer, Tools
Vail Systems is seeking a Software Engineer to assist our QA/Test Automation Team to transform the testing suite for our Routing and Call Control (RACC) platform. As part of the RACC team, the Software Engineer, Tools will be expected to coordinate with internal VoIP telephony and voice product teams to build a new test environment that changes the way Vail automatically tests its products in a Kubernetes (K8s) environment. Legacy tools written in Perl will need to be updated and/or rewritten in Python.
The ideal candidate will have a strong Linux (CentOS 8) and programming background in languages such as C++ or Python in order to implement new features, find and fix bugs, and to address product or Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) compatibility needs of customers. Additional duties could include developing voice and other applications to support testing. The candidate will require knowledge of web services, log analysis and monitoring, SIP and HTTP. Additionally, the candidate should be adaptable, detail-oriented, able to collaborate with other highly technical engineering staff and a continuous learner.
What you’ll do:
- Develop services to enhance the test suite, both backend and user interface
- Apply Kubernetes to the problem of making the existing test suite run in parallel
- Create solutions to support running tests and manage the data generated by tests
- Investigate defects and troubleshoot issues within applications to create appropriate solutions
- Create, enhance, and evaluate tools for testing, including SIP applications
- Be a key player in the development of a test architecture we hope to use to test other proprietary products
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or another related field
- 4-6+ years of experience in a web application development or test automation role
- A strong understanding of Object-Oriented software development techniques
- Experience with Linux/Unix operating systems and shell scripting
- Experience with building RESTful web services
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server or other relational databases
- Experience with Kubernetes or similar environments
- Ability to read and interpret Perl scripts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Jenkins/CloudBees or similar CI/CD software delivery services
- Experience with Git or similar version control systems
- Experience with SIP or other telephony technologies
- Experience with DevOps practices
- Experience with Atlassian tools such as Jira and Confluence
The human voice is capable of conveying nuances and meaning that just can’t be expressed through clicks and text messages. And for that reason, voice interactions have always had a special power to shape your perception and experiences. At Vail, we believe in the unique power of voice interactions to create more expressive, more intimate, and more efficient interpersonal interactions. Our experts work with Fortune 500 companies to help them serve their customers more efficiently and effectively through the use of various voice technologies. From basic network services, to state-of-the-art IP telephony, to cutting edge real-time analytics, Vail technology makes millions of voice interactions better every day.
At Vail Systems we strive to cultivate a supportive culture of continuous learning where employees are encouraged to achieve both personal and team goals by providing innovative telephony solutions that enhance customer contact center experiences. We entrust our employees to work autonomously and also encourage contribution to the decision-making process in a highly collaborative environment where open communication is fostered amongst teams. Product development is centered around the end user to ensure Vail’s products are efficient, productive and add value for our clients.