Software Engineer at Forager
Forager is growing. As the company grows, we need engineers to help build out our product.
You will report to an Engineering Manager and work on a team of up to five other engineers. As a Software Engineer, your core responsibility is to implement features and fix bugs in our system. You are at a stage in your career where you can work independently and spend a roughly equal amount of time giving and receiving help from your teammates.
- Producing clean, efficient, standards-compliant code
- Performing code reviews to ensure quality
- Contributing to a positive and productive team culture
What You'll Bring:
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Independence and self-sufficiency
- Ability to learn and move quickly
The Interview Process:
- An introductory conversation with the hiring manager
- A 60 minute technical interview with a couple of engineers where we will spend most of the time on some coding exercises
- A 60 minute behavioral interview where you’ll get a chance to meet some more of the team and we’ll dive a little further into your past experiences, how you think, and how you work on a team
- An offer discussion with the hiring manager
Who we are:
Forager is a logistics tech startup with one goal: simplify cross-border freight with a combination of purpose-built technology and decades of industry experience. We're building an automated and collaborative marketplace that connects cross-border shippers (customers) with their optimal carrier (trucking companies) based on region, price, and service rating.
Forager is committed to keeping our employees, their families, and our community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. We have made the decision to continue working remotely through the remainder of 2020. This means all new hires will be onboarded and trained remotely. In the future, this position will be expected to work onsite at our Chicago HQ, once it is safe to do so.
Forager is an equal employment opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other legal protected characteristics.