CCC Information Services Inc. is the technology platform for the underwritten assets economy. CCC technology, insights, and support connect industries – insurers, automotive manufacturers, collision repairers, parts suppliers, lenders, fleet operators and more – to advance decision-making, productivity, and customer experiences for thousands of clients worldwide. Clients leverage CCC’s network management, data management, AI, operational workflows and customer experience solutions to efficiently scale, interact, transact and achieve their unique business objectives. CCC was ranked a best mid-sized company to work for by Forbes (2019). BuiltIn Chicago, Austin and LA named CCC a top place to work in 2020. Diverse perspectives and experiences are core to CCC’s success and award-winning culture of more than 2,000 employees worldwide. We hold inclusion as a core value and are committed to celebrating and cultivating the diversity of our team. With a 40+ year track record of innovation, CCC’s tenacious spirit and growth mindset turn next generation technology into real world solutions and empower team members to expand their knowledge and potential. Headquartered in Chicago, CCC has 11 locations worldwide. CCC’s principal PE investors are Advent International, Technology Crossover Ventures, and Oak Hill Capital Find out more about CCC Information Services by visiting cccis.com.
Job Description Summary
The primary objective of our Software Engineer is to participate in the development and maintenance efforts of a multi-year re-platforming project. This individual will leverage their knowledge of analysis, design, coding, testing, and maintenance of software applications to develop, enhance, and modify CCC applications. The Java / J2EE Software Engineer is expected to assist with the conceptualization of software solutions at both the unit level, i.e. program module, and at the system level, i.e. integrated applications. This individual demonstrates an understanding of the latest development environments including development tools and applications.
* Codes J2EE software applications
* Creates and executes unit test plans
* Researches and corrects defects
* Participates in functional and technical specification reviews
* Participates in creating and executing integration level test plans
* Develops detailed technical analysis and design specifications based on functional requirements
* Researches technical solutions to business problems
* 3-5+ years experience developing Java applications.
* Experience utilizing technologies including: Java, J2EE, JBOSS, XML, JAXB, SQL, JDBC, JSP, JQuery , AngularJS, HTML, CSS, AJAX, JSF, Spring, Hibernate
* Strong understanding of Java best practices, system scalability, and performance tuning.
* Understanding of design patterns including: GoF, JEE design patterns and EAI patterns.
* Familiar with database concepts, Oracle SQL and pl/sql
* Experience with enterprise messaging systems (queues, messages, etc.)
* Experience building web applications and web services in Open Source Framework
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering Business Administration, or a related field
Preferred Additional Skills
* Oracle Application Server 10g/11g
* Oracle BPEL
* Rules Engines such as ILOG, Oracle Business Rules
* Eclipse, Jdeveloper
* SVN, ClearCase
* Maven, ANT
* Hudson (Jenkins) or other Continuous Integration technologies
* Experience working in Agile environments
* Test Driven Development