Software Engineer at Rally Health
If you're a software engineer who's interested in building platforms, architecting new products, and developing automation for our engineering teams; this is the place for you. You will spend roughly equal parts of your time, working with members of the Engineering organization and multiple lines of the business outside of the department. You'll report to the Manager of Engineering and work with Engineering, DevOps, Security and IT teams.You Will:
- Perform technical assessments, design, code, test and ship to production
- Develop programs and automation pipelines using several programming and scripting languages
- Develop scalable containerized, RESTful services.
- Improve existing features using modern development techniques to improve speed.
- Implement back-end serverless functions, ensuring the back-end is secure and scalable.
- 3+ years of full-stack software development experience
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience configuration management tools like Ansible, Puppet, Packer, or Chef
- Experience with CI/CD tools and platforms like GIT, Jenkins, Azure DevOps
- Experience with SOAP/RESTful web services configuration and development
- Knowledge of database concepts (both NoSQL and RDBMS)
- Proficient in one or more programming and scripting languages like Java, Python, Scala, Ruby, Go, or Rust
- Remote opportunities available. Please note that hiring for this position will only be considered in the following states: AZ, CA, DC, FL, IL, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, VA, or WA
Rally Health® is about putting health in the hands of the individual by empowering people to take charge of their health and health care with our online and mobile tools. We know that a diverse workforce enriches us with the talent, perspective, and inspiration we need to achieve our mission. Rally knows that we are strongest when our teams reflect the diversity of the world around us and create a sense of belonging.
Since 2017, Rally has been a non-integrated entity of Optum, a part of UnitedHealth Group. In the next stage of our evolution, Rally will migrate into a new organization within Optum known as Optum Digital. With these changes, set to be complete by the end of September 2021, we will bring together teams and resources to better bring our digital products and services to consumers.Our Benefits:
- Great compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision coverage, stock purchase plan, and 401(k)
- Wellness programs, including physical and mental health services
- Flexible paid time off for full-time employees & paid leave for new parents
- Employees in this position may also earn performance-based bonuses
If you don't think you meet all of the job criteria and are still interested in the job, please apply! Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join our team.
Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to train and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application or review process should notify Talent Acquisition ([email protected]).