Sittercity, a Bright Horizons company, is a technology platform working to reimagine the child care industry. Finding, hiring and managing high-quality, trustworthy and enriching child care has never been simple, for parents or caregivers. We want to change that. At Sittercity, you can imagine and create solutions that will revolutionize a multi-billion industry and bring relief to parents and care providers alike, all while having a lot of fun! Boost your career as we launch into our next phase of growth and help build a platform that changes the way child care works.
What You’ll Do
Sittercity.com is a monolith rails application, and while this architecture has served us well, we are now ready to take things to a different level with a brand new set of API’s and a new vision to push our products forward. As a software engineer on the Growth squad, you will bring your knowledge of modern web technologies to architect and build a fast, responsive and intuitive web experience for our users.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers and various stakeholders across the business to conceptualize and build new features.
- Brainstorm with fellow team members to estimate the feasibility and implementation strategies of deliverables.
- Work within Ruby on Rails and Go environments to maintain and extend our current applications.
- Design and develop API contracts to be consumed by stakeholder clients (e.g. product squads).
- Architect and build robust software using modern web technologies.
- Mentor other engineers and help with code reviews.
- Participate in our on-call schedule that all engineers participate in.
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails
- Familiarity with Go
- 1-2 years as a Software Engineer
- Have a positive attitude and a desire to learn and teach
- Comfortable working with monolithic codebases while trying to refactor into a more modern service architecture
- Great communication and project management skills. We value well rounded engineers.
Nice to Have:
- Familiar with Google Cloud or AWS
- Experience with modern front end frameworks (e.g. React, Vue, etc.)
Why you should join us
We offer an innovative and fun environment that rewards passionate and curious individuals. This is a fully remote opportunity. Additionally, you will receive the following benefits:
- Company events, social outings and volunteer opportunities
- Generous paid time off policy, including sick and holiday
- Industry-leading parental leave
- Tuition assistance, college coach, and enhanced family support
- Great benefits package, including: health, dental, vision, disability, life, and 401(k) matching
- Sittercity membership, back up child/adult/elder care, and child care center discounts
Sittercity is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law. Sittercity participates in E-Verify and background checks all employees.