Software Engineer at CCC Intelligent Solutions (Chicago, IL)
CCC Intelligent Solutions Inc. is the technology platform for the P&C insurance economy. CCC technology, insights, and support connect industries - insurers, automotive manufacturers, collision repairers, parts suppliers, lenders, fleet operators and more - to advance decision-making, productivity, and customer experiences for thousands of clients worldwide. Clients leverage CCC's network management, data management, AI, operational workflows and customer experience solutions to efficiently scale, interact, transact and achieve their unique business objectives. CCC was ranked a best mid-sized company to work for by Forbes (2019). BuiltIn Chicago, Austin and LA named CCC a top place to work in 2020 & 2021. Diverse perspectives and experiences are core to CCC's success and award-winning culture of more than 2,000 employees worldwide. We hold inclusion as a core value and are committed to celebrating and cultivating the diversity of our team. With a 40+ year track record of innovation, CCC's tenacious spirit and growth mindset turn next generation technology into real world solutions and empower team members to expand their knowledge and potential. Headquartered in Chicago, CCC has 7 locations worldwide and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CCCIS). Find out more about CCC Intelligent Solutions by visiting cccis.com.
Job Description Summary
The Software Engineer will join the Products & Technology Parts Team working on new, emerging, and existing software products. The Software Engineer will leverage their knowledge of analysis, design, coding, testing, and maintenance of software applications to develop, enhance, and modify CCC applications. The Software Engineer is expected to be involved in and assist with the conceptualization of software solutions at both the unit level, i.e. program module, and at the system level, i.e. integrated applications. They must demonstrate an understanding of the latest development environments including development tools and applications..
- Codes J2EE software applications
- Creates and executes unit test plans
- Researches and corrects defects
- Participates in creating and executing integration level test plans
- Develops detailed technical analysis and design specifications based on functional requirements
- Researches technical solutions to business problems
- Masters degree OR Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering Business Administration, or a related field with 3+ years of experience
- Experience with Java, J2EE, JBOSS, XML, JAXB, SQL, JDBC, JSP, JQuery , VueJS, HTML, CSS, AJAX, JSF, Spring, Hibernate
- Strong acumen in tackling challenging problems
- Java best practices such as system scalability and performance tuning
- Foundational understanding of design patterns such as GoF, JEE design patterns and EAI
- Experience with enterprise messaging systems - ActiveMQ/Kafka
- Preferred experience building web applications and web services in Open Source Framework
- Experience in building UI applications using React or VueJS
About the company's Commitment to its employees:
CCC Intelligent Solutions employees are part of an inclusive culture that brings together diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Our team is defined by our values of: Integrity, Customer-Focus, Innovation, Diversity & Inclusion, and Tenacity. Together, we help our clients and each other achieve new goals.
CCC is committed to providing employees with opportunities to advance their careers and skillsets. CCC team members receive access to training and education reimbursement is available.
CCC offers competitive compensation and generous benefits. Health insurance, PTO, 401K, are just some of the benefits available to team members. CCC's top priority is the health and safety of our clients and our staff, which is why we have expanded our remote work benefits during the COVID-19 pandemic. Qualified job candidates will be interviewed by phone and video. Dependent upon role and responsibilities, new hires will be eligible for remote work immediately, with all necessary office equipment provided upon start date.
Each team member plays an important role in the company's success and each team member has a voice. CCC employee engagement and job satisfaction ratings consistently exceed industry norms - underscoring the value CCC places on its employees.