Who we are
Kapow is changing the corporate events game. We connect companies with venues to book unique client events online in real-time. Our curated marketplace offers a more efficient way for companies to book events designed to acquire, engage and retain clients. Our suite of online tools cover events from start to finish at no additional cost. Founded in Chicago in 2012, Kapow is growing at a crazy rate, rapidly opening offices in new cities and securing clients like Google, LinkedIn and HP.
Here’s where you come in. We’re looking for motivated, energetic and flexible team players that want to be part of something big. If you’re a self-starter looking to carve out a niche at an early-stage, high-growth company, Kapow is the place for you.
What you should expect
- Develop features for the Kapow platform on a Mac using ruby/rails, git and mySQL.
- We use jQuery; we’d love to hear your opinion on Angular vs. Backbone.
- Support mobile versions of existing and new features.
- Work in an agile environment (one week sprints, continuous delivery).
- 2-5 years of experience in all aspects of software development
- API integrations (REST/SOAP)
- An entrepreneur's soul and the ability to thrive in an agile environment
- You are a problem solver and an executor
Nice To Have:
- Experience with TDD approaches (RSpec, cucumber)
- Experience with ecommerce transactions and related security
- Experience developing and improving eCommerce platforms
- Experience with continuous integration environments and deployment tools (Jenkins, Capistrano)
- Knowledge about server/application performance optimization
- Familiarity with third party API integrations
- Front-End HTML5/CSS3 experience