Who we are:
We help connect people with educators through personalized learning. We challenge ourselves to build the best products possible, value collaboration and communication and work hard to keep a relaxed, casual environment. Outside of getting things done, you can expect to find people who love learning, stick around after work to socialize or talk shop with people throughout the company after our weekly company demos.
Who you are:
You take pride in your work and helping others learn and look for the same from everyone on your team. You have an eye for detail and love talking about that new thing you just learned or that new skill you picked up.
You’re passionate about solving problems, automating what must be automated, and expressing yourself in code along with others who do the same.
- Fluency in at least one of the following server-side languages (Go, Ruby or Python)
- Experience in Ruby/Rails
- Ability to optimize performance from code-level to SQL-level profiling
- Experience building features and tools for a consumer-facing site
Optional, but awesome!
- Experience or interest working with developer automation tools like Docker in AWS
- Mobile development experience
As a small team, we're able to adopt new technologies and strategies very quickly. Quality code is highly valued, and the ideal candidate shares our desire to efficiently write great software. If you believe in the power of personalized learning and are looking for an opportunity to grow your career in an environment where you will do something that really matters, this could be the role for you.