Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
The Engineering Team
Our engineers are fueled by a passion to impact the future of mobility. They push the boundaries of telematics and transportation tech by creating and supporting cutting-edge products. As part of an Agile team, they are armed with the freedom to innovate and the opportunity to see projects through from start to finish. Using a variety of languages and a top-notch technology stack, our engineers make critical advances in areas like sensor technology, enterprise engineering and platform development. Our team understands what it means to collaborate and communicate in an interconnected global team, all while having trust, transparency and empathy for the end user. Which is pretty cool, if you ask us.
Passionate about software engineering? Write code all day, every day, in a paired programming environment with like-minded people. Extremely limited meetings and email interaction to enable you to be more productive. Write tests first, watch them fail, get them to pass, rinse, repeat. TDD is how we operate. This is a full stack role and you will be part of a product team that owns the testing (through automated unit and integration tests), development, deployment and support of your product.
This position is on site in the Merchandise Mart, Chicago, IL - Monday through Friday, regular business hours.
- A college degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or similar field, including a solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals.
- 3+ years engineering software at scale
- Experience and/or interest in doing Test Driven Development
- Experience and/or interest in doing paired programming
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Java Spring
- Backend development, design and implementation; database (relational, NoSQL, caching), messaging and big data development, implementation and optimization
- Experience and knowledge in web and API security including authentication, authorization, OAuth, OWASP, OpenID, and SAML
- Experience in testing frameworks like JUnit, Mockito, Jasmine, Protractor, Cucumber, and other like technologies
- Experience with packaging/build tools like Gradle, Maven, NPM, Artifactory, Jenkins, Concourse, etc.
Heads up: when you click “apply now” you’ll be directed to the Allstate careers site. You’re still looking at an Arity job, but because we were founded by Allstate, we share the same application system.