Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
The Arity Full Stack Software Engineers work as part of an agile programming team who own the inception, development and full lifecycle of digital products. The team practices methodologies and adheres to principles put forth by the lean startup and lean enterprise movements. The team puts the system user at the center of everything they do; ensuring that users receive the most value out of the products being developed.
The Arity Full Stack Software Engineers work in a highly structured paired environment. They architect and design their own systems to deliver their products using modern tools, technologies, frameworks, and systems. They develop test driven code all day and every day. They are highly focused on test driven development, continuous delivery and innovation. They own and manage running their application in production, and ultimately becomes accountable for the success of their digital products through achieving the KPIs.
We are utilizing cutting edge web services and cloud technologies to deliver amazing capabilities and products. We are searching for highly talented software engineers who can help design, implement, and deploy our next generation of products that will help human and autonomous drivers make smart decisions.
As a talented engineer, you love to translate strategic vision into something tangible whether that be a story, a design or code. You will be an innovative thinker, an expert communicator, and an agile problem solver looking to join an exciting team. You will utilize cutting edge technologies like Kafka, Flink, and Cassandra to deliver geospatial software analytics and insights within Arity’s cloud environment.
As an ideal candidate, you can learn and adapt quickly and are able to use every tool at your disposal—software, algorithms, statistical models, and beyond—to understand and effectively tackle hard problems. You appreciate and are able to navigate the path from ideation through selecting tools, exploring solutions, architecting etc. to an actual implementation of the Idea
Arity Full Stack Software Engineer Lead Consultant implements applications following 12-factor principles to build out the product and iterative enhancements. He/she owns the full stack of software products; developing and implementing frontends (web or mobile), and backend services. He/she leverages test driven development and continuous integration to ensure agility and quality of products. He/she actively participates in the decision making process of the team ensuring that the simplest appropriate technology and design is chosen to meet user needs.
• Participates in iteration planning meetings ensuring that the team has a common understanding of each story and chores in a team’s backlog
• Participates in daily site, cross-site, and product team standups
• Participates in retrospectives to gather feedback and derive actionable items to improve the team and the product
• Participate in executing the strategy, keeping the customer needs and wants in mind
• Collaborates within the team in designing systems and apps
• Practices test driven development in writing software and building products
• Establishes continuous integration, delivery, and deployment pipelines and practices
• Provides support for software products in user environments
• A college degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or similar field, including a solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
• Strong understanding of computer science concepts, object oriented design principles
• Experience in backend development design and implementation; database (relational, NoSQL, caching), messaging and big data development, implementation and optimization
• Knowledge and experience on approaches and tools for automated testing and monitoring
• Able to learn new technologies, and teach other members of the team/s
Heads up: when you click “apply now” you’ll be directed to the Allstate careers site. You’re still looking at an Arity job, but because we were founded by Allstate, we share the same application system.