Think back to when you first learned to code. The magic of seeing the work you were doing bring ideas to life. The frustration of trying to track down a bug in your code that was making everything fall apart and the satisfaction of fixing it. The joy of proudly showing a friend or family member what you created.
At Codeverse, we're bringing that joy and magic and the tools to deal with that frustration to kids as young as 6 years old! We believe kids should have the tools to build anything they want and if they do they will invent an amazing future.
That's why we built Kidscript, a language designed for learning and for kids, and why we built Codeverse Studios - the world's first fully interactive coding studio packed with programmable lights, 3D printers. It is the coding environment of kids' dreams.
But that's just the beginning. This year we are launching pop-up summer camps in 10 cities across the country and embarking on our first at home subscription service. Our mission is big - to teach 1 billion kids to code! Come join on us on this adventure.
About the Role
We make extensive use of libraries such as ember-cli, peg.js, matter.js, pixi.js, and npm. Our back end platform is written in Ruby and conforms to the JSON API standard.
• Report directly to the SVP of Product
• Collaborate with designers and cross-functional teams to iterate on the design and implementation of our product
• Make simple changes in Ruby platform as needed to build new features and fix bugs efficiently
• Build modular and reusable front-end systems and abstractions
• Find and address performance issues
• Participate in design and code reviews
• Identify and communicate front-end best practices
• Coordinate and communicate task dependencies, blockers, and timelines with the team
• Experience with HTML, CSS, and related web technologies
• Familiarity with server-side web frameworks, such as Ruby on Rails
• Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals
• Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations
• Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities