We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced, and creative Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts. The hire will be responsible for designing, architecting, and supporting our Applied Machine Learning team.
*This is not an entry level role. Mid to Senior level candidates only.
*This is not a remote position. All applicants must be in the Chicagoland area.
- Building APIs following a spec
- Creative problem solving
- Be excellent at communication and collaboration
- Distributed Systems and Software Architecture development for SaaS at scale
- Handling data at scale
Job Skills & Qualifications:
- Python experience preferred
- Familiar with REST
- Familiar with Gitflow and GitOps
- Familiar with modern software practices including code reviews, version control, feature creation, creating readable code, understanding and improving overarching, and estimating requirements.
- Comfortable with Cloud Services in general and CI/CD
- Familiarity with product-engineering concepts
- Behavior driven development or BDD
- Sprints / Agile / SCRUM / Standups / epic vs task / spike / punt / timebox / Kanban
- LEAN vs Agile vs Waterfall vs SCRUM
- NoSQL, SQL experience
- Docker experience
- Python 3.7 dataclasses
- K8s experience
- Functional programming
- “12 Factor App” application design philosophy experience
- “Well Architected Framework” application design philosophy experience
- Basic understanding of network protocols and routing.
- Ability in discerning IPV4, HTTP(S), UDP, TCP/Ip, Nat, iptables, resolve.conf, hostname resolution, sockets, ports, and sockets vs ports.
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- Casual working environment
- Flexible office hours