SPINS is seeking a problem-solving Software Engineer to drive innovation and build mission-critical applications.
Who we are.
For 20 years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
What you will do.
As a Software Engineer, you’ll be responsible for:
- Building kickass web services, web apps, and portals for SPINS partners and customers
- Efficiently ingesting, normalizing and transforming large amounts of data using parallel tech such as Spark.
- Analyzing the resulting datasets using NoSQL database.
- Creating REST API’s to expose cross sections of the data using Spring/J2EE
- Deploying API’s to autoscaling clusters in Google Cloud Platform using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Maintaining a service-oriented data access layer for various client applications.
- Working on the design and delivery of web applications for interacting with and monitoring our data pipeline.
- Actively staying on the cutting edge of new and emerging big data and cloud technologies.
What else? We’re transitioning our engineering organization to Extreme Programming, so if you’re not already an expert in all things XP, you should at least be familiar with the methodology and excited to dive right in.
What you bring.
- Solid development experience building web services and applications using Java.
- Ability to work in fast paced Agile or XP environment.
- Well versed in Java, Spring Framework, MySQL & RESTful APIs.
- Cloud technologies (GCP, AWS, Azure) and deployments using Docker, Kubernetes, or equivalent.
- Software development best practices and expertise in associated tools (Maven, GIT, JUnit etc.), or equivalent.
- A healthy interest in machine learning.
- Passion for data.
- A serious hunger to tinker with new technologies and solve complex problems.
- A strong interest in working in a start-up environment in the world of big data and analytics while contributing to a mission of healthy living.
The SPINS Way
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.
- You resonate with the job description tone and style
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401k (Traditional and Roth) plus company match
- FSA for medical and dependent care expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Bike storage
- Fresh and healthy snacks
- Vibrancy 360 Wellness Program: Yoga and fitness classes, onsite massage, volunteer opportunities, company happy hours, product demos, outings, and more.