Software Engineer at CCC Information Services
At CCC, it’s all about connectivity we are a provider of innovative cloud, mobile, telematics, hyperscale technologies and services for the automotive, insurance, and collision repair industries. Our solutions and big data insights are delivered through our CCC ONE™ platform, which connects 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, original equipment manufacturers, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. Our platform, carwise.com , provides access to car-related services for millions of consumers. Auto Injury Solutions Inc., also a CCC company, provides casualty solutions to auto insurers for the handling of first and third-party claims. In short, our collective set of solutions make connected car, vehicle, and accident data actionable, informing decision-making, enhancing productivity, and helping customers deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
Job Description Summary
The primary objective of our Software Engineer is to participate in the design, development and maintenance efforts of CCC’s applications. This individual leverage their knowledge of analysis, design, coding, testing, and maintenance of software applications to develop, enhance, and modify CCC applications. The Software Engineer is expected to assist with the conceptualization of software solutions at both the unit level, ie. program module, and at the system level, ie. integrated applications. This individual demonstrates an understanding of the latest development environments including development tools and applications.
* Codes/Designs J2EE software applications
* Develops detailed technical analysis and design specifications based on functional requirements
* Researches technical solutions to business problems
* Participates in functional and technical specification reviews
* Creates and executes unit test plans
* Participates in creating and executing integration level test plans
* Researches and corrects defects
* Collaborates closely with engineers, business analysts, product owners and other team members
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering Business Administration, or a related field
Preferred Additional Skills
* 5-8+ years’ experience developing Java/J2EE applications.
* Experience utilizing technologies including: Java, J2EE, JBOSS, XML, JAXB, SQL, JDBC, JQuery, AngularJS, HTML, CSS, AJAX, JSF, Spring, Hibernate, NoSql DB
* Strong background in SOAP & REST web service development
* Experience in Java, Spring Boot and Microservices
* Strong understanding of Java best practices, system scalability, and performance tuning.
* Good understanding of design patterns: GoF, JEE design patterns and EAI patterns.
* Familiar with database concepts, Oracle SQL and pl/sql
* Experience with enterprise messaging systems (queues, messages, etc.)
* Experience in cloud computing technologies (SaaS / IaaS / PaaS).
* Eclipse, Visual Studio
* Experience in Atlassian Suite; Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket
* Experience in code versioning tools such as GIT, SVN
* Experience in build tool Maven
* Hudson (Jenkins) or other Continuous Integration technologies
* Experience working in Agile environments
* Test Driven Development