About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process.
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. DO you want to be part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
As a Team Lead in Restaurant Onboarding, you will be responsible for building, maintaining, and scaling the system responsible for getting restaurants online and taking orders through Grubhub starting from our first contact with them. You will work with other technology teams, product managers, designers, and business stakeholders to build the best-in-class signup and onboarding experience for restaurants
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Lead and coach a team of senior and junior engineers tasked with delivering flexible and scalable features to Grubhub restaurants.
- Craft a meaningful vision for the team, working in concert with product managers and other multi-location technology teams. Guide the team as you build out features across many services that impact many of the Grubhub brands.
- Work with product and business leaders to determine the roadmap and build deliverables and timelines.
- Build a diverse team while fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment
- Build and utilize metrics to analyze features as they are deployed to Production to ensure they are functioning as expected and properly alerting when necessary.
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies
- Learning multiple domains of the Grubhub, from order taking, order processing, to delivery and restaurant management. This team provides services where at copre of restaurant sales and relationship.
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Programming or Engineering related field or equivalent experience
- 7+ years experience building highly-scalable applications.
- 2+ years in a leadership capacity or 5+ years experience with leadership responsibilities
- Manages a team of Engineers and provides mentorship and coaching on career growth
- Experience architecting, designing and developing testable, fault tolerant, and performant software
- Experience in Java, C#, or a similar modern object-oriented language
- Experience working in AWS, or similar cloud-based offerings.
- Automated testing experience applicable for services (Junit/testing, Mockito + Jmeter/Gatling.io)
- Familiarity with eventually consistent databases (Cassandra/MongoDB/CouchDB), distributed and or relational databases is desired
- Familiarity or experience with Docker, or similar containerized solutions and Mesos or Kubernetes is a plus.
These are the behaviors we aspire and strive to achieve and use as a guide to measure our performance. These behaviors are a practical manifestation of our Grubhub values.
- Build and enable great teams - leaders recruit, inspire, grow and empower amazing people and teams. They remove the blockers, coach, and build mechanisms to enable scale, efficiency and quality.
- We recognize, celebrate and and double down on success
- Know what you’re talking about - We dive deep, understanding the subject matter at the absolute not the abstract level, We build trust because we understand and focus on the details.
- High Bar - leaders set the bar high, push the boundaries, and hold themselves and teams accountable.
- Innovative - leaders think long-term and platform-wide, inventing their way around constraints to deliver breakthrough solutions, not settling for the status quo.
- Make Informed Decisions - We favor data-driven, objective decisions. Never myopic or short sighted, always focused on what’s right for Grubhub. We are also willing to revisit the decision when the world changes.
- Ownership - Leaders own problems, decisions and messages. We look for people to broaden their responsibility and accountability beyond the things they directly own or have direct influence over.
- Humble and self-critical - leaders always learn, admit mistakes and strive to improve.
- Trust and respect - leaders earn trust through the consistency, transparency and fairness of their actions. We always treat others with respect.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.