Software Test Automation Architect
About Outcome Health
A healthcare innovation company
Reinventing in the point of care
Facilitating a better personal Outcome
Whether it’s supporting the diagnosis of a family member or as patients ourselves, we all have connections to healthcare. That’s why all of us at Outcome Health are committed to transforming the point of care experience, both for our loved ones and for ourselves.
We are looking for people to bring their diverse talent, perspectives and career experiences to help us create the future in point of care.
Join our expanding team and be part of creating #ABetterOutcome.
Outcome Health is looking for an experienced Software Test Automation Architect who will be responsible for the overall test automation strategy, tools, technology and process for Outcome Health’s software solutions. This role is instrumental in defining the approach to Software Test Automation at Outcome Health. The ideal candidate will have deep experience in both Android, Web and Services automation testing, including an appreciation of the different technological solutions that are applicable, both through open source and Enterprise solutions.
This role will establish metrics, mentor Software Engineers in Test and act as an individual contributor to Outcome Health’s test automation suite.
- Recommend, lead and continuously improve the architecture and technical direction of functional and performance tests. Advance product quality via testing innovations and process improvement.
- Define core tools, frameworks and testing technologies to be used for testing Android client and Platform Services projects.
- Lead QA efforts in developing and maintaining test automation coverage. Integrating test automation with the company’s CI/CD/build pipelines.
- Lead QA automation efforts in developing robust and replicable test coverage for all Outcome Health products encompassing Android, WebUI, API and services testing.
- Create, document, and implement requirements for the automation of manual test plans, scripts, and test harnesses.
- Lead technology evaluations and RFPs for automation solutions
- Where appropriate integrate automation reporting with defect management systems
- Coordination of the overall testing infrastructure including test data and test environments.
- Architect, design and maintain the testing framework, testing tools, testing environment and testing standard across enterprise applications.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Architects & Developers in designing testable applications.
- Resolve technical issues, anticipate risks and ensure timely management escalation.
- Ensure compliance to automation framework, standards & best practices.
- Facilitate automated, on-demand test automation metrics. Prepare quality documentation and reporting
- Partner with Software Engineers and Software Engineers in Test to devise automation and test strategies including test cases development to drive the software development process towards quality-centric methodologies. Conduct test design reviews with Software Engineers in Test.
- Mentor and guide Software Engineers in Test of all levels
Qualifications and Experience:
- 8+ years of experience in Java and/or Python development.
- 8+ years of software engineering experience, demonstrating experience in scalable software design and development with a proven track record of technical achievements
- 4+ years of experience working with CI/CD tools (e.g. Jenkins, CircleCI, related technologies) and processes (e.g. GitFlow).
- Minimum of 2 years of experience developing, testing and/or integrating applications in a DevOps/Continuous Integration/Deployment environment using Jenkins, including Cloud deployments
- Minimum of 1 year of experience setting up the automation model at an enterprise level for web based applications and web services.
- Significant experience in testing RESTful APIs and applicable tooling (e.g. Postman, JMeter)
- Expertise in performance testing
- Experience in Android device testing and test framework e.g. Selenium, Appium
- Experience in multi-tiered, complex system design & architecture.
- Proficiency in test data and environment management including on-demand environment creation and configuration for test purposes.
- Good knowledge of SDLC and Agile practice.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences about goals, resource needs, timelines, and options.
Travel may occasionally be required but will make up < 10% of overall employee time
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Outcome Health does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, race, gender, gender identity (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), gender expression, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), medical condition, physical or mental disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, citizenship, genetic information, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, and other characteristics protected under applicable state, federal, or local law.
Read Full Job Description