Solution Principal - Cloud, DevOps, and Security at Slalom
Who Exactly Is It That We’re Looking For?
Slalom is looking for a Pod Lead to join our North America team on the Cloud, DevOps, and Security (CDS) team. Wait… is it Cloud, DevOps or Security? Well it’s all of them! We grew from three distinct capabilities and decided to smash them all together to celebrate and share how well they work as a team. Our CDS engineers build the secure automation capabilities that enable our application developers to unleash their products on the world. Our goal is to create the platform to make a product smart, secure, and fast with the least amount toil possible.
The Pod Leader will oversee a pod of CDS engineers located in one of our physical locations. A CDS engineering pod consists of 1-5 individual contributor engineers focused on a single client’s outcome. In order to be successful this role will require a variety of skills such as: Delivering as a hands-on solution architect for a client project, Mentoring and coaching your team, and Providing technical expertise for sales pursuits.
What You’ll Do
- Report directly to a Location Lead to support growth and carry forward the organizations vision for a single delivery pod.
- Will serve as a People Manager for the team of 1 to 5 CDS engineers. Mentorship and coaching of engineers across CDS and other capabilities in your location may be required.
- Engage directly with the delivery team and senior client stakeholders to provide delivery leadership for a single client consisting of multiple pods of Engineers and Architects. Responsibilities include being a hands-on technical solution architect, driving technology and architecture decisions, delivery with other capabilities, and working collaboratively with the project team to ensure successful delivery.
- Provide technical qualifications and direction setting for architecture in sales pursuits.
- Showcase your experience working hands-on with teams and directly with customers to translate requirements and technical vision into proposed tangible solutions.
- May support market teams tasked to nurture relationships with senior leaders in each local market.
- Conduct technical interviews across CDS in assigned locations.
- Contribute to CDS-wide strategic initiatives.
- Build collaborative relationships within Slalom Build and across local market leadership.
- Requires 50% travel, which will be in support of client visits, Slalom and CDS related meetings, conferences, sales pursuits, and market development.
- Qualified candidates will have 3-7 years working in a technology field, with 3+ years serving as an Infrastructure or DevOps Lead or Manager.
- Successfully lead groups of up to 5 individuals.
- Experience in all phases of product development, software development, and testing lifecycles.
- People Management experience including a strong history of mentoring others.
- Delivery experience in established technology and product departments with mature program management processes and standards for both Agile and waterfall project methodologies.
- Experience with technical screening of candidates in the recruiting process.
- Demonstrated professional growth and the proven ability to work cross-functionally.
- May have experience contributing to RFPs and SOWs and reviewing proposals with clients.
- May have familiarity with business operations (e.g., invoicing, SOW, margins, utilization).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to audiences of all levels including client facing skills.
- Experience with agile software delivery methodologies: Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, XP, and Lean.
- Proven track record building and deploying high-scale public cloud-based solutions on AWS, Azure, or GCP using modern DevOps techniques.
- Passion for building software solutions with state-of-the-art technology.
- Embrace challenging situations and enjoy solving complex problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or commensurate experience.
Who We Are
Slalom is a purpose-driven consulting firm that helps companies solve business problems and build for the future, with solutions spanning business advisory, customer experience, technology, and analytics. We partner with companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to over 8,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2016 to 2019, Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2018 and 2019, and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us over 30 cities across the U.S., U.K., Canada and Australia.
One of our fastest-growing capabilities is Slalom Build, which uses agile engineering to deliver custom-built digital products and solutions. Slalom Build is a network of nine Build Centers that consist of passionate technology builders of a wide variety of disciplines including Experience Design, Software Engineering, Solution Ownership, Cloud, DevOps, & Security, and Quality Engineering. Strategic partners include Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, Snowflake, and Tableau to name a few.
Slalom Is An Equal Opportunity Employer And All Qualified Applicants Will Receive Consideration For Employment Without Regard To Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Disability Status, Protected Veteran Status, Or Any Other Characteristic Protected By Law.