About G2 - Our People
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. At the heart of our community and culture are our people. Our global G2 team comes from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and that’s what makes our G2 community strong and vibrant. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, and we do this through our company and team events, our G2 Gives charitable initiatives, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
Our employee-led, leadership-supported ERGs celebrate the diversity of our team, foster inclusivity and belonging, and create a space to connect to each other. Through connections and understanding, we build a stronger and more dynamic global team and help every person reach their personal peak.
We support our employees by offering generous benefits, such as flexible work, ample parental leave, and unlimited PTO. Click here to learn more about our benefits.
Due to Covid, G2 is currently operating fully remote until it is safe to return to the office.
About G2 - The Company
When you join G2, you join the global team behind the largest and most trusted software marketplace. Every month, 5.5 million people come to G2 to inform smarter software decisions based on honest peer reviews. Authenticity is our focus, and every day we help thousands of companies, and hundreds of employees, propel their potential. Ready for meaningful work that starts and ends with compassion and heart? You’ve come to the right place.
G2 is going through exciting growth! We’ve recently secured our Series D funding of $157 million, which will further allow us to grow and develop our product and people. Read about it here!
About the Role
G2 is looking for a Solutions Architect to join our growing team! Your responsibilities will include establishing a new discipline at G2 as a key technical resource for Enterprise customer(s), primarily focused on delivering proactive services such as education workshops, delivering assessments and providing tailored guidance and installations. Troubleshooting skills are essential as this role will include working with G2 applications, integrations and APIs to expedite incident resolution and deliver customer-specific requirements. The role can include a mixture of short and long-term customer engagements. Customers will be consistent in segment size, but vary in Industry and technology stacks. The right resource will be confident in their skills and comfortable engaging with diverse customers to drive adoption and success for a key G2 customer segment.
In this role, you will:
- Manage high profile, Enterprise implementation projects, from project plan creation to verification and validation; and improve proactive and reactive support.
- Participate in proactive account management, spot ongoing performance issues, analyze problems, design/develop technical solutions to exceed customer needs.
- Identify and manage goals and opportunities across G2 technology stack and data solutions to improve the solution and functional processes for agreed persona(s) at the customer.
- Assist and provide technical coordination and assistance to strategic customer(s) in diagnosing and resolving customer-specific complex software problems.
- Accommodate customer calls which involve identification, escalation, and resolution of G2 application, configuration and software requirements and incidents.
- Contribute to escalate resolutions providing detailed action plans and own technical solutions the customers can use for future needs.
- Develop technical solutions and when needed partner with analysts, engineers, and customer service teams to help meet objectives.
- Act as the technical advisor to specific customer(s).
- Maintain, expand accreditations and certifications; assist in developing best practices for key technologies & products to support technical team readiness.
We realize applying for jobs can feel daunting at times. Even if you don’t check all the boxes in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- 8+ years of SaaS programming experience, ideally in a web environment
- 5+ years of experience working with Enterprise customers in any of the following: providing customer technical readiness, delivery support services, on premise and remote technical support, solution development, account management; technical requirements gathering; broad evangelism through events (presentation skills) or related
- Core understanding of Web architecture
- Experience with logging and instrumentation services
- Has a deep understanding of software architectures and how they are applied in context, best practices in multiple languages
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and guide internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to be productive on a rapidly growing team
- Eagerness to take on responsibility and excels under pressure
What can help your application stand out:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- Hands-on experience solving B2B Software customer problems
- Consulting and/or Professional Services experience
- Experience and knowledge around Martech and Salestech
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
At G2, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, or marital, veteran, or physical or mental disability status. Learn more about our commitments here.