Sr. Development Manager at Peapod Digital Labs
What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Browse the Aisles- An overview of Development Manager
The Development Manager is responsible for the development, build, delivery, and maintenance of our applications and services. Working with across teams of engineers, the development manager works with developers and others to set technical standards and enforce best practices. The Development Manager provides technical leadership as well as mentoring and guidance and has direct input into the overall process and architecture of our systems.
Recipe for Success- whats "in store" for the role
- Develop and enforce policies and best practices in line with organizational needs.
- Lead and mentor developers in a fast-paced environment.
- Work with engineering leadership and product teams to establish technical strategies and roadmaps.
- Stay close to the code. Part of the responsibility is to drive best practices, change, and modernization. You'll need to be close to the code to recognize where opportunities exist.
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Possess an understanding of automation principles and an ability to integrate existing and new projects into a Jenkins-based world of pipelines and magic.
- Be able to design and develop apps and services that fit into a completely new, container-centric, event-driven architecture. You'll also need to provide some in-the-trenches leadership and sanity checks here.
- You should want to work hand-in-hand with others. We're exploring our collaborative abilities and like where it's headed. Be a team player.
- 5+ years of demonstrable development experience and either a proven history of leading teams or the desire to move into a leadership role. We can work with the right person.
- Experience with cloud-native applications and services.
- Experience operating as part of an agile team.
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.