Sr. Engineer – Product Solutions at Ocient
Ocient is searching for engineers to join our product team that have experience designing and implementing big data analytics platforms. You will work in a small team reporting to a highly technical engineer. This is a deeply technological hands-on position that will design and implement vertical solutions for different industries. You will be involved with all aspects of implementing big data analytics platforms with structured time series data greater than 10PB. These areas include data generation, data preparation, data loading and SQL querying.
- BS, MS, or PhD in computer science, computer engineering, or related technical field
- 4+ years of industry experience designing and implementing big data analytics platforms
- Excellent understanding of customer applications.
- Exceptional candidates will have experience in ad technology, finance, industrial IOT, telecom, or security
- Strong understanding of computer hardware and cloud offerings
- Strong technical leadership and communication skills
- Ability to own and manage all risk associated with large complex problems
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently
Ocient is a Chicago-based, venture-funded startup building a SQL compliant, exabyte-scale database platform that achieves better performance than Hadoop and NoSQL systems. It is a distributed system optimized for NVMe drives, RDMA networks and high core count processors and is written in C++. We are led by a management team with seven successful startup exits, including Cleversafe which was one of the largest software startup exit in Chicago’s history.