Sr Front End Developer, Zoro Tools
In the past seven years, Zoro has grown from a group of 6 people working out of a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 280+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 2,000,000 unique products.
The Front End Developer creates interactive interfaces for Web, Mobile, Social and Rich Internet Applications.
Work on small to large interactive projects in a fast paced environment to build high-volume and high-quality online interfaces
Zoro US, has offices in Buffalo Grove and Downtown Chicago. This position is based in our Downtown Chicago but the employee must be able to complete initial training in Buffalo Grove and willing to travel one day a week to our Buffalo Grove Office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strong web development background with experience building & architecting for enterprise-grade systems, work as an expert-level individual contributor to the coding tasks assigned
- Mentor other developers to help grow their software development skillsets
- Active involvement in the Front-End developer community demonstrated by regular engagement in continuing education, committee work or meet-ups
- Produce clean, maintainable code artifacts and work well within a team of developers
- Develop estimates and participate in scheduling and prioritization of project tasks
- Develop and maintain reusable code libraries
- Follow best practices and standards for accessibility and cross-browser compatibility
- Learn and adapt to new software/hardware technology and incorporate into production process
- Collaborate on new design concepts
- Makes coding and technology decisions
- Translates concepts into coding
5+ Years’ commercial development, working alongside a team of developers
- 1+ year of leading a project or leading a team
- Familiar with SASS or other CSS Preprocessors like Less & Stylus
- Experience with python development
- Experience with Git for versioning
- Single Page Applications experience
- Familiar with NodeJS and/or Django backend environments
- Experience with builder tools such as NPM, JSPM, Webpack & Gulp
- Basic understanding of interaction design and user-centered design methods & practices
- Strong experience in creating responsive layouts
- Experience with and integrating Web Services / External APIs
- Ability to create clean, precise browser-compatible code
- Enjoy working closely with others, and respectful of other perspectives.
- Expert conflict resolution skills and being able to negotiate with stakeholders.
- Willingness to switch gears quickly and be flexible to work on concurrent projects.
- Experience working with the Agile development methodology
- Degree in Computer Science, Graphic Arts or related area a plus.
- Graduate degree is a plus
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.