Sr. Front-End Engineer- Restaurant
About The Opportunity
Grubhub is the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company, dedicated to connecting hungry diners with their favorite local restaurants. The people who work at Grubhub are our company's greatest asset; each person at Grubhub plays an integral part in building tools and technology that help restaurants succeed, and in cooking up fresh new ways to delight our diners.
The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from more than 75,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,100 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, and MenuPages.
Build the future of online food ordering! We're looking for top-flight engineers to help us realize our next generation ordering application. Using a best-of-breed tech and agile development approach, this is the ideal position for any software ninja to create a killer website with the latest and greatest tools at their disposal.
Tens of thousands of restaurants and internal users a day utilize our platform to manage everything from, orders to menus, delivery boundaries, financial insights, and more. As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you will design and implement some of our most complex features driving forward-thinking enhancements to our existing architecture.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Design, implement and deliver awesome technical platforms and products for all constituencies (diners, corporate accounts, restaurants, internal tools)
- Understand our products from both a technical and business perspective in the context of our larger business.
- Communicate with leadership, product owners, other technologists, and users to create working software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities.
- Break down complex problems into elegant technical solutions to intelligently solve problems for GrubHub.com diners, restaurant, corporate accounts and internal stakeholders
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies. We are always improving the process of building software; we need you to help contribute.
- You will be a key part of accurately estimating the timing of software delivery
You Should Have
- 5+ years experience building highly-scalable interactive web applications (e-commerce preferred)
- Strong knowledge of HTML5 & CSS3. Knowledge of React would be seen as a plus
- Strong familiarity of Proficient in server-side web technologies, such as, Nodejs, Python, Ruby, JSP, etc.
- Experience working with utilizing database technologies and working in a test- driven development
- Experience working in a test-driven development
- Experience working with open source technologies is required (contribution to open source systems is a plus)
- Familiar with Agile methodologies
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.