Sr. QA Analyst at Sphera
Sphera is a leading global provider of enterprise software and services that enables companies to manage and optimize their environmental, health, safety and sustainability. Our mission is to create a safer, more sustainable and productive world.
We are a portfolio company of Genstar Capital, a leading middle-market private equity firm focused on investments in targeted segments of the software, industrial technology, financial services and healthcare industries. We operate like a start-up tech company but have over $100 million in annual revenue, with more than 3,000 customers, and operate in 70+ countries.
We are guided by our core values of Customer Centricity, Accountability, Bias to Action, Innovation, and Collaboration. These values help us recruit the right talent to join our rapidly expanding team of nearly 700 Spherions around the globe. It is important to us that each and every Spherion is not only eager to challenge themselves and knows how to get work done but is an awesome addition to our company culture.
As an SQA Engineer of the HMMS product line, you will have critical role in the refinement and execution of our products test strategy. You will be an active member assisting in the creation, maintenance and execution of the Test Plans, Test Suites and Test Cases via manual and automated testing utilizing both Backbox and Whitebox methodologies. You will participate in all phases of the product lifecycle based upon the Agile Unified Process (AUP) methodology. In this position you must have an extraordinary attention to detail, flexibility in changing tasks and priorities, the ability to handle pressure in a high volume - fast paced work environment.
General Job Duties:
• The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the completion of all phases of the testing process of the assigned products
• You will be defining Test Plans, Test Specifications, Test Suites and Test cases as required to ensure adequate testing of your products
• Testing activities include: Installation, Configuration, Integration, Acceptance, Functional, Automation, Performance and Regression testing to meet the product testing requirements.
You will also be responsible for automation of critical new features using test automation tools
Follow project milestones; design, document, implement and execute tests to achieve those milestones - on time.
Participate in the daily Scrum meetings and communicate the results of all testing activities
Ensure "Quality" to our "Customers" - both inside and outside of the company.
Ensure that all observed product issues are being placed in the defect tracking system as required.
Assist Technical Support with reproducing customer escalation issues.
Work with diverse teams (Development, QA, Software Support, Product Management and Services) both onshore (local and remote) and offshore
Qualifications - Required Education and Experience:
• BS or MS in Computer Science, Mathematics' or Electronics (or equivalent experience)
• 5+ years of QA experience (preferably with Software Development exposure)
• 3+ years of QA Automation experience
• Solid expertise in Automation (using tools like Azure DevOps/Visual Studio/TFS 2010/2012/2015, Selenium, Ruby, WatiR, Apache JMeter)
• Relational Database experience (Oracle) is required
• Experience creating and executing complex SQL queries
• Experience in a server virtualization environment (MS Virtual Server or VMware) is highly desirable
• Previous experience with Continuous Integration Tools (Jenkins, TeamCity) is a definite plus
• Previous experience with Ruby/ Java / PL-SQL programming is highly desirable
• Previous experience with programming languages (ASP, XML, HTML) is highly desirable
• Previous experience testing Web Services / SOAP is a definite plus
• Experience with Windows component services is desirable
• Experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project is highly desirable
• Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytic and problem-solving skills
• Must be team-oriented and yet capable of working largely with minimum supervision
• Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines
• Sitting for extended periods of time
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components
• Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings
• Some travel may be required for off-site software and system applications testing
Sphera is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.