Sr. Site Reliability Engineer at GoHealth
GoHealth is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join our team. You will be collaborating with our software development teams to assist them in creating reliable well behaved applications and getting those applications deployed safely in production. You will be both working in application code work as well as our infrastructure components. The Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) will be an integral part of our Software Development team, and will have a voice in Software design and Architecture. This role will work with the GoHealth engineering team to increase the reliability and observability of our systems. Our goal will be to provide growth and mentor-ship within our department. You will have the opportunity to grow skills in both Operations as well as Software Engineering.
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, GoHealth has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities’ and the CDC.
- Help develop and deploy tools and systems that assist GoHealth's Engineering, QA, and Operations team, to deliver high-quality software.
- Work with development to help evolve our continuous delivery process.
- Monitor and respond to alerts from technology infrastructure in order to ensure proper SLA's are met.
- Work throughout the technology stack to design, build, and monitor solutions that allow for continued scalability.
- Document work associated with troubleshooting, while utilizing problem solving skills
- Remain flexible.
- Have a strong sense of ownership for system uptime and performance.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field is preferred.
- 4+ years of experience.
- Knowledge of managing a Linux cluster environment (RHEL, CentOS).
- Exceptional skills with one or more scripting languages (bash, Python, Perl, Ruby or similar).
- Proven experience using configuration management tools such as Puppet or Chef.
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting any of the following technology components (or similar): Linux container technology and orchestration tools (Docker/Origin/Kubernetes), Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins), Logging and alerting platforms (Nagios/ElasticSearch/Splunk), Web application servers (Apache/Tomcat/Nginx), Databases in a distributed
Benefits and Perks:
- Open vacation policy
- 401k program with company match
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Commuter and transit benefits
- Professional growth opportunities
- Casual dress code
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Happy hours, ping-pong tournaments, and more company-sponsored events
- Subsidized gym memberships
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer