Sr Software Developer, Zoro Tools
In the past six years, Zoro has grown from a group of 6 people working out of a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 235+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 1,800,000 unique products.
The role of the Sr. Software Developer is to provide business partners with intranet, internet, or extranet-enabled applications. These applications fall into the broad categories of order management and product content management systems. This role assures the software applications meet user requirements, objectives, standards, security, and legal requirements.
- Work with software development teams and product owners to reach agreement on functional and maintainable application design.
- Create new applications when appropriate.
- Modify existing applications to correct bugs or enhance functionality.
- Integrate custom developed applications with 3rd party packages and vendor platforms.
- Configure application servers, databases, 3rd party packages and platforms.
- Develop unit test plans and perform unit testing on all code changes.
- Test applications for correct behavior.
- Participate in function, integration, regression, and acceptance testing by working with the appropriate staff members.
- Diagnose production issues and assess scope, impact, and importance of issues.
- Understand and/or develop relational database resources to support the application where appropriate.
- Conduct task estimation for input to project planning.
- Maintain all necessary technical documentation, such as process flows and system architecture.
- Correct issues in a timely manner depending on scope and impact.
- Communicate the impact and resolution of issues to appropriate personnel.
- Understand the business needs driving new functionally.
- Communicate project status to project team, business partners, and managers.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of development tools, services, and industry trends by conducting specified secondary research to determine practical implementation of emerging technologies through prototyping, benchmarking and working with consultants and vendors.
- Provide hands-on technical guidance and knowledge sharing to junior software developers.
- Take ownership for creating applications that meet the product owner's requirements.
- Help to build and maintain a collaborative software development culture.
- Build working relationships with product owners.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, STEM-related area or relevant experience required. Master’s degree in a STEM field preferred.
- 5+ years of experience developing software applications required.
- Experience in all phases of systems development life-cycle (SDLC).
- Experience working with relational and non-relational databases and data warehouses; MySQL, AWS RDS, ElasticSearch, RedShift, and Big Query are preferred.
- Experience designing, modifying, and supporting distributed software systems using message queues such as RabbitMQ.
- Familiarity using continuous integration tools such as Jenkins.
- Strong working knowledge of the UNIX command line, scripting, and basic configuration is required.
- Ability to work with third party API's.
- Familiarity with Git or other version control software.
- Understanding of and/or experience with one or more development process methodologies.
- Extensive business and/or system analysis skills that support applications development.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills.
- Desire to work in a collaborative environment where informal teaching between team members is normal.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.