Sr. Software Engineer-Point of Sale
About The Opportunity
Got a taste for something new?
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 80,000 restaurants and over 14 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
Grubhub is hiring for a Senior Back-End Engineer to provide technical and architectural leadership for a key Point of Sale Team. You will conceptualize, design, build and deploy to the field new and innovative products for our restaurant partners enabling self-management and onboarding of all existing and future partners.
You Should Have
- Design, implement and deliver awesome technical platforms and products for all constituencies (diners, corporate accounts, restaurants, internal tools)
- Communicate with leadership, product owners, other technologists, and users to create working software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities
- Code reviews and managing and mentoring a small agile team
- Break down complex problems into elegant technical solutions to intelligently solve problems for Grubhub.com diners, restaurant, corporate accounts and internal stakeholders
- Build and deploy features with limited or no reliance on QA
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies
You should have:
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Fully self sufficient in either Java 8, Ruby or C#
- Experience with Spring or equivalent WebMVC framework
- Extensive experience building REST APIs
- An understanding of Cassandra and NoSQL Databases
- Experience Building HA & Fault Tolerant applications
- Desire to work in a fast paced, tech and product oriented company
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.