CCC Information Services Inc. is the technology platform for the underwritten assets economy. CCC technology, insights, and support connect industries – insurers, automotive manufacturers, collision repairers, parts suppliers, lenders, fleet operators and more – to advance decision-making, productivity, and customer experiences for thousands of clients worldwide. Clients leverage CCC’s network management, data management, AI, operational workflows and customer experience solutions to efficiently scale, interact, transact and achieve their unique business objectives. CCC was ranked a best mid-sized company to work for by Forbes (2019). BuiltIn Chicago, Austin and LA named CCC a top place to work in 2020. Diverse perspectives and experiences are core to CCC’s success and award-winning culture of more than 2,000 employees worldwide. We hold inclusion as a core value and are committed to celebrating and cultivating the diversity of our team. With a 40+ year track record of innovation, CCC’s tenacious spirit and growth mindset turn next generation technology into real world solutions and empower team members to expand their knowledge and potential. Headquartered in Chicago, CCC has 11 locations worldwide. CCC’s principal PE investors are Advent International, Technology Crossover Ventures, and Oak Hill Capital Find out more about CCC Information Services by visiting cccis.com.
Job Description Summary
The Sr. Software Engineer on the CCC consumer team will be responsible for driving the technical designing and development of new consumer facing application software and related application components. He or she will lead the application and database design, walk the product owner and developers through the design and drive and support them with development and testing activities. The right candidate will assist with tracking performance metrics and integrate knowledge of business and functional priorities. This role is a key contributing role in a complex and crucial environment and may mentor new team members.
- Drive the architecture and technical design of application components.
- Hands on technical development of complex application features, from back to front end.
- Drive and ensure code quality and ensure testing guidelines are met.
- Ability to look beyond the status quo and identify areas of constant change / improvements.
- Manage release schedule and ensure on-time delivery of software components to production.
- Collaborate with product stakeholders to identify functional and non-functional requirements
- Showcase strong technical expertise and leadership throughout the delivery process and provide guidance with regards to best practices, procedures, and techniques
- Participate in open, frank discussions, especially in technical matters, while giving and accepting feedback and constructive criticism
- Work with Quality Assurance and Product Owner teams to ensure that software products meet functional and non-functional requirements
- Present and defend architectural, design, and technical choices to internal audiences
- Resolve production defects and issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Mathematics or related work experience
- At least 7+ years of engineering experience with hands-on experience within Agile/Scrum methodology and strong understanding of MVC, Core Java, Design Patterns.
- Extensive experience in business object modeling, data modeling and application architecture.
- Extensive experience in unit testing, unit testing frameworks, and unit testing methodologies
- Extensive experience in a pattern-based approach to software design.
- Experience with building scalable platforms and automation tooling
- Experience working on relational databases and applications servers.
- Experience with infrastructure performance tuning and capacity provisioning
- Experience building and maintaining high capacity and high throughput computing platforms
- Knowledge in behavioral testing, behavioral testing frameworks, and behavioral testing methodologies
- Able to interact comfortably with all levels
- Comfortable with hands-on detailed work as well as high level of analysis and thinking
- Proactive and Detail Oriented, yet comfortable working in a dynamic environment with fast paced deliveries and changing requirements.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently and apply own initiative.
- Quality-oriented with focus on product delivery