Sr. Software Engineer at OppLoans
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will assist in the development of our applications and services for our product portfolio. Specifically, the Software Engineer will enhance, improve, develop & maintain back-end services used across our entire technology platform. We are looking for a Sr. Software Engineer that is proficient with Clojure and developing applications hosted within AWS. As a team member, you will get to…
- Contribute to the development of our product portfolio, primarily built with Clojure, Amazon Web Services, and PostgreSQL.
- Collaborate with business and technical professionals across the organization to ensure the code is well designed within an Agile framework. In addition, partner with these teams to contribute to architecture and various development environments as needed.
- Perform code reviews, unit testing, integration testing, documenting and implementing software best practices.
- Continue to learn new tools and languages. We take development seriously! Start on or before 9/30/18 and we’ll bring you to Clojure/conj 2018 along with our other devs. Our team manages our own internal training, with budgets for classes, conferences, books and materials….we want you to grow your skills with us.
- Mentor other junior members as the organization and team grows.
- Experience interpreting & refining business objectives into actionable requirements, having delivered large scale projects from concept to production.
- At least 2 years of experience using a modern programming language. Ideally you’re already proficient in Clojure or another functional language but lack of it won’t automatically disqualify you; our collective team background includes Ruby, Python, Java, Node.js, Erlang and C++. Show us you solved real, non-trivial engineering problems with your language and we’ll be interested in you.
- At least 1-2 years experience developing systems with Amazon Web Services technologies; Lambda/API Gateway experience a big plus.
- At least 1-2 years of experience with Test Driven Development (TDD).
- At least 1-2 years of experience building out Restful API’s and consuming 3rd party API’s.
- Experience with Terraform, Kubernetes and Docker a plus if you have it, but not required.
- Experience executing deliverables within an agile environment.
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and great benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the most engaged offices in the country. In 2019, we were named the 4th fastest growing company in Chicago by Crain’s Chicago Business, received the 86th spot on the Deloitte Fast 500, and are named one of the best companies to work for in the nation by Glassdoor two years in a row. Check out our Glassdoor reviews to see why our employees love us!
Customers love our product
OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our customers are saying on Google and the BBB! We were also named a number one personal lender by Lending Tree, and a “Leader in Quality and Innovation” by the Center for Financial Services Innovation (FinX).
BenefitsOppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to support you inside and outside of work as you grow your career with us. Some of these benefits include a 401(k) matching program, paid vacation policy, free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans, dental, vision, and accident coverage, free gym membership, discounted Divvy memberships & ClassPass fitness classes, CTA and Metra benefit programs, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, a stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millenium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.