Sr. Software Engineer
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 20+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 125,000 restaurants in 2,400 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Grubhub is looking for a senior engineer for our Catalog Engineering team. This team builds & maintains the systems that power all the delicious food selections available from your favorite restaurants on our various order taking platforms. We are looking for motivated engineers, experienced in building out fault-tolerant, high performance systems to join the team. Having a passion for food classifications is a plus!
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
We are looking for motivated engineers, experienced in building out fault-tolerant, high performance systems to join the team. Having a passion for food classifications is a plus!
- Develop highly-available, fault-tolerant core features for our catalog system
- Collaborate with leadership, product owners, and technologists to deliver features that increase the offerings & efficiency of our systems
- Be a proponent for improving our platform, processes, and tools
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Programming, or Engineering related field
- 5+ years experience building highly-scalable applications (e-commerce a plus)
- Experience with End-to-End (E2) testing frameworks
- Familiar with Agile methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to mentor/coach engineers
- Experience overseeing the technical work of developers from other teams or 3rd party vendors
- Java, C#, or a similar modern object-oriented language
- Knowledge of, or experience with, developing distributed systems
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.