Braintree lets you move money from one place to another safely and securely. Every time you pay for an Uber ride, book a stay through Airbnb, or pay with PayPal when you check out online, you’re probably using our product. It sounds complex (and it is), but we make it so simple you can’t tell we’re there.
We solve world-scale problems and provide opportunities to match. We build diverse teams that recognize our strengths and allow us to work on our weaknesses. You bring skills and a relentless focus on the customer, and we'll provide the support you need to do the best work of your life.
Check us out: GitHub | Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | The Muse | Glassdoor
The Engineering Team:
Our focus is teaming with smart engineers who are passionate about their craft and excited to build software for our unique solutions in the space.
At Braintree, developers have the chance to work on various teams and stacks. Although most of our software is written in Ruby, we believe in using the best tool for the job. For example, we’ve written data platforms in Clojure, payment gateways in Java, and contextual commerce in Python. Here’s more:
- Communication is key to our process, and we don't want to hinder it with walls. Many teams program in pairs, which means you always have another set of eyes to help you.
- We practice test-driven development and believe that it helps us deliver simple solutions focused on real customer needs. We have no QA department – developers test, release and monitor their own code.
- We keep the team in sync with daily stand-ups and have regular retrospectives to discuss things that are going well and opportunities for improvements.
- We value unique perspectives brought by diverse backgrounds and experiences. A broad range of ideas and perspectives help us to create the best possible product.
Enterprise Omnichannel team:
The world of payments continues to disrupt, and we are seeing ongoing transformation in how “traditional” commerce is happening. The spectrum between in-person payments and traditional e-commerce is blurring and the opportunity for us is greater than it has ever been before. Our biggest enterprises are clamoring for a compelling, integrated omni-channel solution enabling next-generation commerce experiences across channels globally. The Enterprise Omnichannel team is building such capabilities into our platform to bring the best of our payments technologies to where our customers want to transact in the physical world bringing together elegant non-contact solutions to a complex set of integration problems leveraging our core foundations.
What we look for in you:
- 10+ years of proven experience building software or web applications with object oriented or functional programming languages with a focus on clean, well designed and code.
- 5+ years of experience with C, C++, Rust, or embedded Linux systems.
- Working knowledge and experience with cloud technologies (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure etc.), GraphQL, Serverless and/or Realtime API’s (WebSocket's etc.,)
- Demonstrated experience working/implementing to EMV specifications a plus.
- Prior experience with payment terminal device applications and Point Of Sale (POS)/ECR systems a big plus
- Experience and ability to technically lead a cross functional team and collaborate with other cross functional teams.
- A strong appetite for innovation and experimentation, ability to think a big picture view and knack to navigate complexity and ambiguity.
- A good mentor with great communication skills.
- Open dev days: every two weeks we spend a day working on projects that interest us and help us expand our skills and knowledge
- Participation in the technology community: we help cover travel and attendance costs for conferences, and we offer opportunities and tools for speaking.
- Check out our Careers page for more company perks.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply. You can also check out our FAQ!