Sr. Stream Processing Engineer
Ocient is seeking a Sr. Stream Processing Engineer that has experience in designing and implementing stream processing systems. This individual will work in our professional services team to help with customer facing projects involving stream processing and loading at scale. Individuals should have experience with Kafka and other processing frameworks at scales over 10Gbps while processing 50,000 items per second in production environments.
Experience in financial markets or advertising demand side publishing (DSP) is strongly preferred.
An ideal candidate for the Sr. Stream Processing Engineer should have the following:
- Experience with stream processing with rates up to 50,000 items/s @ 10Gbps
- Experience with designing Kafka implementations at the above rate
- Experience with Flink or other stream processing frameworks
- Strong communication skills to help with customer requirements
- A computer engineering degree or a software engineering degree
- Experience in financial market or advertising auction feed stream processing is preferred
Ocient is a Chicago-based, venture-funded startup building a SQL compliant, exabyte-scale database platform that achieves better performance than Hadoop and NoSQL systems. It is a distributed system optimized for NVMe drives, RDMA networks and high core count processors and is written in C++. We are led by a management team with seven successful startup exits, including Cleversafe which was the largest software startup exit in Chicago’s history.