SR SYSTEMS ENGINEER
We may be the most important Internet company you’ve never heard of. Join our team for your chance to work in the digital marketing space and solve meaningful problems on a massive scale—and have fun doing it.
As a member of the Linux Systems Engineering team, you will work in a group that is focused on efficiency, project work, compliance, standards, situational awareness and readiness. You’ll be a critical part of a fast-moving, innovative team, providing support and expertise where needed. You will work independently with little to no guidance in some situations as well as working with the team in full collaboration.
· Participate in engineering, deploying, and maintaining solutions and services for internal customers.
· Act as a technical liaison to one or more internal company divisions.
· Investigate and troubleshoot TIER 3 issues with network, server, and application infrastructure.
· Communicate issues to stakeholders effectively and in a timely fashion.
· Provide documentation of configuration and troubleshooting procedures to facilitate other team members and teams within the IT organization.
· Provide after-hours support when required, and respond to outages, incidents, and alerts.
· BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience.
· 5+ years experience building, configuring and administering CentOS and/or RedHat Enterprise Linux in an enterprise environment.
· Excellent Linux command line skills.
· Experience in automating tasks via interpreted languages such as Python, Perl or Bash.
· Working knowledge of the GIT version control system.
· Automation and configuration experience (Puppet, Chef, Foreman, Ansible, Salt, etc).
· Demonstrated troubleshooting skills through resolution; understanding problem from the network, OS, and application levels.
· Experience in monitoring and metrics systems is a plus, including Nagios, Zabbix, Grafana, and Graphite.
· Experience in Elasticsearch and Kibana is a plus.
· Agile experience a plus (Kanban, Scrum, etc)
· Service delivery in a high-volume environment with competing priorities.
· Independent worker, can work on projects or issues with little to no direction from management.
· Excellent organization skills, project tracking abilities, communications skills, and time management skills.