Staff iOS Engineer, Experience (Chicago)
Venmo was founded on the principles of breaking down the intimidating barriers around financial transactions to make them intuitive, friendly, and even fun. And it worked: people love sending money with Venmo, and we’re growing by leaps and bounds!
But we’re only just getting started. We want to take that magic of sending money with Venmo and cascade it into every place where people use money. That means connecting people to their money in the most intuitive and fun way possible, then connecting people with each other. Users already love Venmo, but we know there are lots of things we haven’t thought of to make the experience of using Venmo even more delightful and valuable. All that’s going to take a lot of figuring out. Let’s figure it out together!
Engineering at Venmo
Work on a cutting edge app that is used by millions that people love. At Venmo, we are looking for engineers who want to be inspired and inspire others to change the world of payments.
Engineering is a craft, and at Venmo we want the internals of our software to be as elegant as the end user experience we are designing. We teach and learn from one another, and push each other to be at our creative and analytical bests. We work with a product team that is data-driven and human-centered in its design principles.
We’re looking for an iOS Engineer who will be responsible for making engineering design decisions and developing features pertaining to the iOS application. You will also be expected to be a role model on coding standards, tools, platforms and other best practices for the backend team.
What You’ll Do
- Advance technical standards and quality
- Collaborate with other engineers in API design and development
- Help solve bugs, track software defects, and ensure their timely resolution
- Build solutions for refactoring the existing codebase
- Improve our testing & tooling
- Interface with product and other functional teams and their leadership
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years experience in software development or a related field
- Experience working in Swift, Objective-C and strong object-oriented programming skills
- Experience with the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Familiarity with iOS UI design principles and accessibility best practices
- Experience developing, maintaining and innovating large scale, consumer-facing mobile applications
- Strong communication skills with the ability to understand and explain technical issues to a non-technical audience
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply.